Annie1991

Community Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Longview, TX
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Punk'N
Has anyone experienced Mast Cell tumors in their bully? Mickey - my rescue old bully has developed them. Will know next week if they are malignant or not. I am just wondering how much longer I will have him. :cry:

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
I have no experience at all with that subject, but I just wanted to let you know that we are praying for you & for Mickey. I pray that they are benign, and that everything will be okay & treatable. :pray:

OP
Annie1991

Annie1991

Community Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Longview, TX
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Punk'N
Thank you. I've only had him a year. I knew going in with him being an older bully that my time with him would be short, but I'm not ready. . . .

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I don't have any experience with this, but wants to say we are thinking about your baby and hoping for the best.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Sending you lots of prayers and hugs… I will tag some members that may be able to help you, I'm so very sorry!!! :(

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:hug: I have no experience, but it could turn out just fine... try not to worry too much till you get the results.

sending lots of prayers, positive thoughts and hugs to you and Mickey

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
I have some experience with mast cell tumors in boxers I've had in the past. Since boxers are the number one breed likely to get mast cell tumors, I always kept a close eye on mine for the development of any lumps or bumps. The instant I found one it was off to the vet to have it removed. Mast cell tumors are very unpredictable. The best result is to have them removed and for the pathology to show that all the borders are clean. In order to make sure the borders are clean, the vet will usually remove plenty of tissue around the tumor. My male boxer had a mast cell tumor on his neck removed, we caught it early and the borders were clean. A year later, he was diagnosed with cancer in his epiglottis. Who knows if they were related or not? The vet said maybe or probably or maybe not:fie: . It's impossible (per my vet) to predict with any accuracy what will happen with a mast cell tumor. Sometimes, if they're caught early, all is well. Other times, not so much. When they have metasticisized, the prognosis is not good. I hope all goes well with your baby. Keep us posted please.

OP
Annie1991

Annie1991

Community Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Longview, TX
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Punk'N
MIckey's vet will not be able to do surgery. He is too old and his health with his kidneys is not the best. Depending on the outcome of the tests, the vet may put him on prednizone.(sp?) I am thankful for everyone's prayers and thoughts. I watched Lilly die from cancer two years ago and hopefully will not have to do the same with Mickey. But if I do, I know that I have a great support base here.

JennyBean

Nov 21, 2014
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Farley Foo (8 1/2 yrs old) RIP My precious FarlyFoo 7/24/2017
I'm sorry about your Mickey. I just wanted to let you know that my Boston terrier has had mast cell tumors since she was 5. We always get a biopsy and then would get them removed if they were fast growing. She is now 10 1/2 and is still doing good. She has had a couple of lumps and bumps biopsied last year. But vet didn't feel we needed to remove. Areas that she has had them appear are..on her toe, on her thighs and hips. She looks like Frankenstein with her little surgical scars. I believe her mast cells have all been grade 2.
Good luck with Mickey and just know you have brightened his life by giving him your love and a wonderful home.*Keep us posted* :hug:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I'm sorry to hear this, I have no experience, but we will be sending prayers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
Prayers and Positive Thoughts are coming to Mickey, sending Love and Hugs.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
MIckey's vet will not be able to do surgery. He is too old and his health with his kidneys is not the best. Depending on the outcome of the tests, the vet may put him on prednizone.(sp?) I am thankful for everyone's prayers and thoughts. I watched Lilly die from cancer two years ago and hopefully will not have to do the same with Mickey. But if I do, I know that I have a great support base here.

Yes you do. Our French bully Mickey was diagnosed with mast cell tumors - T cell lymphoma. It came out of nowhere and im convinced that had I been a part of EBN or FBN he would never had caught it. After the initial diagnosis he was given 3 months if we didn't do chemo which we didnt because I couldn't see my son with tubes and cords in him and being put under. He stopped eatting anything about a month and a half latter and passed. That was 3 years ago and it was heart shattering to us. He was our world.

There are many new treatments for mass cell since then and I hope and pray for you.

OP
Annie1991

Annie1991

Community Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Longview, TX
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Punk'N
I want to thank everyone for your thoughts and prayers. Hopefully tomorrow I will hear from the vet. Mickey has his tumors on his right front leg and paw. I will let everyone know asap. :pray:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.