ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
Some of you know how I have struggled with the hyperkeratosis of Mabel's nose. We have tried everything--Snout Soother, Biobalm, coconut oil, and so many other products. Someone suggested Aquaphor, made by Eucerin, but I was using a combination of products because NOTHING seemed to work. Her little nose was crusty, cracked, and sometimes raw where the crusties flaked off. I was very unhappy with the progress.

One of my students works for a dermatologist. He suggested to all of us that we moisturize our winter skin right out of the shower to "lock in the moisture." :idea2:

So I started using the warm, wet washcloth that I use to wash her face every morning to give her little nose a good scrub. Then I chase her under the desk :rundog: (where she thinks she is hiding from me) to put a thin coat of Aquaphor on her nose. Sometimes it's a fight, but I get it done anyway!

Yesterday morning the very last of the crusties was left in my washcloth (pretty gross--a piece of nose) and I covered her nose in the ointment. Today, her nose was soft and smooth--like a normal dog nose! :dance: I swear by this product. If you are having trouble with hyperkeratosis, I highly recommend it!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 173

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Persistent! thanks for the info, but most of all that PICTURE :heart: :heart: :heart:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
That's wonderful news and look at nose, I hardly recognize it. Great job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I'm going to try this with Chesty, Cadence and Mello. Their noses are horrible! Thanks for the tip!!

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Thanks for sharing this! Tyson's nose gets crusty from time to time. We also use Snout Soother, it works well...but love having a backup in case. Love that little nose & tongue!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Some of you know how I have struggled with the hyperkeratosis of Mabel's nose. We have tried everything--Snout Soother, Biobalm, coconut oil, and so many other products. Someone suggested Aquaphor, made by Eucerin, but I was using a combination of products because NOTHING seemed to work. Her little nose was crusty, cracked, and sometimes raw where the crusties flaked off. I was very unhappy with the progress.

One of my students works for a dermatologist. He suggested to all of us that we moisturize our winter skin right out of the shower to "lock in the moisture." :idea2:

So I started using the warm, wet washcloth that I use to wash her face every morning to give her little nose a good scrub. Then I chase her under the desk :rundog: (where she thinks she is hiding from me) to put a thin coat of Aquaphor on her nose. Sometimes it's a fight, but I get it done anyway!

Yesterday morning the very last of the crusties was left in my washcloth (pretty gross--a piece of nose) and I covered her nose in the ointment. Today, her nose was soft and smooth--like a normal dog nose! :dance: I swear by this product. If you are having trouble with hyperkeratosis, I highly recommend it!

I TOTALLY agree with you, it's the only thing that works for us. Congratulations Mabel, your nose looks marvelous! You're a great mom Chris.

Daphnee

Apr 7, 2013
Cleveland, OH
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
daphnee
I have same problems with my 10.5 yo.. Was told that it's "normal" at an old age for the nose "barnacles" to happen and fall off. But have started to use Aquaphor as well..

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Roxie has the same issue, and I do exactly what you are doing Chris. Aquaphor is the ONLY thing that seems to help...

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I'm so glad you found something that worked for her nose, it looks great. Thank you for the information. I don't have any problems with Blosssoms nose, it's always cold, wet and soft, but Dozers nose is dry and cracked, I put Vaseline on it, coconut oil, and have tried Burt's Bees for dogs, but it doesn't seem to work. I'll definetely have to try the Aquaphor. Where do you buy this?

Annie1991

Community Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Longview, TX
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Punk'N
I use Bert's Bees lip chapstick - it has not petroleum products in it and it keeps both my bullies noses soft - of course that is after you chase them all over the house. . . .

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.