Help!! Cannot train my puppy

MommazBabiez

Feb 2, 2015
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Winter Channel
I have a beautiful puppy. I have had her since she was 6 weeks, and she is now 12 weeks. I cannot potty train her for the life of me. She will go out and pee several times like 4-5 and come in and pee. She will never tell me she has to go out. Only pee where ever she is. We have tried monitoring her drinking and tried only ice cubes per the vet's suggestion but she still pees non-stop. We recently found out that she is probably deaf so perhaps that is part of her problem. But I do not know what to do. I am constantly taking her outside but that doesn't seem to help. Any suggestions would be great because I am beyond frustrated. Thanks.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:welcome3:

Keep in mind, she is only 3 months old, which means she can only hold her bladder for about 4 hours. i also have a 12 week old right now and we have the same situation... he does not indicate he has to go and will just stop and drop without any sign.

We are taking him out constantly and use treats and praise.... he has learned the word potty, knows what it means and where to head to do so, but still loves to pee in the dining room. :facepalm:

It is a long process, some get it quicker than others... but schedule and consistency is your best friend during this time

hnhammond

Aug 20, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda (Tilly)
Look up crate training! It is a life saver. Matilda was potty trained within 2 weeks! She was 10 weeks old. Still had occasional accidents here and there, but it was a huge improvement!

bella100

Community Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Mississippi
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dooley, and Bentley
Welcome to the best place ever!!! Good luck with the potty training i know it will work out!!!

Enjoimangos

Jan 30, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Boris Bullski, Paco
At 3 months I was still taking Boris out every hour or two. If i had to be gone for an extended amount of time I left him in his play pen with access to his crate and a pee pad. He eventually started to use the pee pad and it got so much easier from that point on. We wouldn't reward him for peeing on the pee pad, but it wasn't a bad thing. If he ever had an accident outside of his crate we would immediately take him outside for a while to get him to understand that is where he goes potty. He's now 7 months and he only uses pee pads if we aren't around soon enough to let him out. Otherwise he will go whine by the door which is a nice little alert.

Best wishes on the potty training! it gets easier as they grow older :)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Great advice above!

I am wondering about how many times she's going, sounds like a little more than expected. As your vet checked for a UTI?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online