Left Rear Leg Issue

karlakzarate

Jan 31, 2015
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Harold
Yesterday Harold had a great morning at the beach, playing fetch, running around the sand, the usual. Although this is not something we do weekly, this is also not his first. He loves the beach. We got home and he was the same happy, active dog all afternoon and evening. When we got home from dinner to let him out, we noticed that he was not using his left rear leg at all. At first we thought, his leg was just sleeping. That was not the case however. He still cannot put weight on it. What is baffling is that if he had sprained or pulled a muscle at the beach, then we would've seen immediate impact. Per our parents', who are dog owners themselves, and also per our breeder's advice, we will monitor him all day today before going in for his vet appointment tomorrow. We are just wondering if there are some of you out there who could shed some light on our situation....

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
This is VERY common w/bulldogs… they seem to never know when to quit!!! I would give it a couple of days and monitor him before taking him to the vets… restrict his activity if need be. For example no jumping on the furniture or stairs. Keep us posted on how he's doing.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
agreed... give it a couple days of restricted activity and maybe crate time --- sometimes if it is a pull or strain it heals up on its own in a few days. If not, then to the vet for a check

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Yes, ^^^ he may have over worked himself. Even though he may not like it, restrict all activity, let him rest for a few days. Hoping he'll be back to himself soon!

Christie H

May 29, 2014
Centerton, Arkansas, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wheezie Kay Wigglebottom and Zakk Abbott Wylde
We are experiencing this with our boy.He has been to the vet twice and put on Vetprofen.She says its a possible partial tear of the knee ligaments. We are resting him for awhile

Daphnee

Apr 7, 2013
Cleveland, OH
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
daphnee
We are experiencing this with our boy.He has been to the vet twice and put on Vetprofen.She says its a possible partial tear of the knee ligaments. We are resting him for awhile
What I was thinking... and what happened to our bully when she was about 3 or 4.. had TPLO surgery, and right has been an issue for last 4 years, but no way we'd put her thru the surgery now.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.