RECALL ALERT

reallyrob

Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2010
Southern Illinois/Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Princess Alberta (Bertie) Barkghesi
I just got this email, I don't buy these, but just in case anyone does these treats have been recalled.

Recall Alert​
Merrick Recalls Jr. Texas Taffy Pet Treat Because Of Potential Salmonella

Merrick Pet Care has recalled the Jr. Texas Taffy pet treat all lots because it may be contaminated with Salmonella. If you have purchased these treats stop feeding them to your pet immediately and return to Pet Supplies "Plus" (or the store where you purchased it) for a full refund. Carefully double wrap any open food and return it too for a refund.

Merrick Pet Care has made the decision to recall all Jr. Texas Taffy pet treats in the abundance of caution. Salmonella can affect animals and there is risk to humans from handling contaminated pet products. People handling the treats can become infected with Salmonella, especially if they have not thoroughly washed their hands after having contact with the chews or any surfaces exposed to these products. Consumers should dispose of these products in a safe manner by securing them in a covered trash receptacle.

Healthy people infected with Salmonella should monitor themselves for some or all of the following symptoms: nausea, vomiting, diarrhea or bloody diarrhea, abdominal cramping and fever. Rarely, Salmonella can result in more serious ailments, including arterial infections, endocarditis, arthritis, muscle pain, eye irritation, and urinary tract symptoms. Consumers exhibiting these signs after having contact with this product should contact their healthcare providers immediately.

Pets with Salmonella infections may be lethargic and have diarrhea or bloody diarrhea, fever, and vomiting. Some pets will have only decreased appetite, fever and abdominal pain. Infected but otherwise healthy pets can be carriers and infect other animals or humans. If your pet has consumed the recalled product and has these symptoms, please contact your veterinarian immediately.

The Jr. Texas Taffy was shipped to distributors and retailers throughout the US. These individuals have been notified and have activated their recall procedures.

No illnesses have been reported to date.

Consumers who have purchased the Jr. Texas Taffy are urged to return the unused portion to the place of purchase for a full refund. Consumers with questions may contact the company at 1-800-664-7387 M-F 8:00am – 5:00pm CST.​

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Thank you for sharing that [MENTION=490]reallyrob[/MENTION], I sure hope NONE of us have purchased these treats!

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
I didn't think dogs could get salmonella? Are am I thinking something else?

OP
reallyrob

reallyrob

Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2010
Southern Illinois/Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Princess Alberta (Bertie) Barkghesi
Well, I do know some people that buy dog treats from the treat bar at Petco and they eat the treats also...so I guess the owner could get it. I know of two people that eat the treats from the treat bar AND NO it isn't me! LOL

Pendragon

Community Veteran
Jan 31, 2010
Apple Valley Ca
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Pendragon of Brymar(Chief for short) And Lady Ireland of Brymar
You are supposed to wash your hands every time you handle dog food because of the risk of Salmonella, I know that i didnt until I heard this. So now everyone washes after feeding the dogs...Thank you for sharing.. I dont buy those types of treats.
After buying a huge bag of frozen veggies tonight and Ireland loving them frozen lol I dont think I will by doggie treats anymore lol...

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online