eyes

ellie67

Dec 15, 2014
Country
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster
Hi i wonder if anyone can help,the whites of Busters eyes have gone red ,not the sides just at the bottom when he looks up at you,does anyone know what causes this ? Thanks

schimpfy

The yabba dabba do donkey swattin' broom swingin'
Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Vancouver British Columbia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
this happens to my boy when he gets overly excited, exercised or the onslaught of allergies. In the case of the first two in a short time of rest they return back to white.

OP
ellie67

ellie67

Dec 15, 2014
Country
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster
Thank you I've just started introducing a new food gradually its wainwrights lamb and rice puppy food,could it be this ? it does say hypo allergenic recipe contains no wheat dairy soya or fillers etc so i was hoping he would be alright with this :(

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
It's hard to tell if it's the food just yet, did the redness go away after some rest? How's he doing now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Like Ron and Lisa already mentioned it could be caused by exercise or over excitement, this happens to my Bulldozers eyes after he's been excited or played hard. They become red and then after a little while of rest, they return to normal colour. It could also be caused by a food allergy, but I'm not familiar with that brand of food. Our female Blossom is allergic to chicken, salmon, beef and grains, and we have switched her foods 4 times before we found one she tolerates. We feed Fromm's Lamb and Lentil grain free with great results. It's really trial and error to find a food that they tolerate.

OP
ellie67

ellie67

Dec 15, 2014
Country
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster
Hi thank you for your help his eyes don't seem as red this morning so hopefully it was because he was tired :)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.