Limping

sunkissedpr1ncs

Apr 3, 2013
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Barkley and Pippen
Barkley has been limping for the past few days...On Sunday it was raining and he went outside to potty and was running inside and I think he slipped a little on the porch on his way in :( He has been limping ever since then...I've checked all his legs and paws and nothing seems to bother him when I move his joints or squeeze and he isn't in pain when walking or anything. He's still been trying to play and run around but I've tried to restrict him (as much as I can!).

I've never seen him actually injured before...Usually if he hurts something he will limp for a few seconds and then shake it off and is fine. I definitely thought the limping would have been gone by now. Should I go ahead take him to the vet or wait a few more days to see if it gets better? I would have taken him by now but since he doesn't seem to be in pain I've just been hoping it's a little sprain or something and he will be fine in a few days.

Thanks for any help!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
could just be he pulled someting.... crate or gate him off in a small area for a few days to rest the leg. if still limping on Monday I would have it checked out

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I agree w/Christine… I would give it a few more days.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I agree, we all have had this happen to us at one time or another and it usually turns out to be nothing.

OP
sunkissedpr1ncs

sunkissedpr1ncs

Apr 3, 2013
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Barkley and Pippen
Thanks everyone for re-assuring me! I went to the pet store and got him some doggy aspirin to see if that will help him out a little too :)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.