General Question Joey is prescribed Synulox (antibiotic) & Prednisone (cortisone) for skin issues along with Revoution flea treatment.

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
Joey's skin issues started about a week ago... the vet thinks it might be a reaction to flea or tick bite, so I got Revolution spot on flea treatment for her which I put on her on Wednesday, the vet didn't have time to see Joey then but I had an appointment with the vet yesterday (Thursday) so she could look at Joey's skin. She prescribed her Synolux antibiotic for 5 days AND Prednisone cortisone for 9 days. I gave her the cortisone yesterday and I'm supposed to start her on the antibiotics this morning. I'm now stressed as she got Revolution on Wednesday and now she must also get both cortisone and antibiotics:(

Do you guys think it will be OK? I know these are common medicines and I haven't found anything on the internet that suggests there could be an issue but I want to make absolute SURE as Joey is a senior and she's not the fittest bulldog around:ashamed:

The vet checked her over and told me she's in good condition for her age, she didn't think she would turn 8 later this year, I'm was very relieved to hear that:)

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Revolution is topical, right?
I think it should be fine, especially since it's two days later.

Poor Joey :( but hey, it'll make her feel much better.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm so sorry to hear about Joey :( I've never heard of the flea treatment, but I've used prednisone enough times… Lol It sounds like your vet is doing a great job, I'm sure that she will start to feel better soon!!! Give her some big hugs from TN!!! ;)

OP
Petra

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey

Yes, it's tropical... what ever that means:unsure: I gave her the antibiotics this morning and so far so good. She does look better already I think, hard to tell, but she acts her normal needy self so I feel a bit better:)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

^^^ agreed!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Sounds like a good treatment plan if her skin is bad, hopefully she will feel better in a day or two.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.