brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
This is good news. I am really happy Tyson is feeling better.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
what a face..so so cute. i feel for all of ya. i know what it's like taking turns staying up with them.
he's gonna feel better every day now though, and you'll all be able to sleep normally in no time!

DieselsMom

Nov 18, 2014
Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel
So glad to see your update! I got worried for a minute when you didn't post but I know you were watching your guy as any worried Momma would.

Judging from the pictures he's getting better day by day. I'll keep sending healing thoughts to your sweet boy. Hang in there, the weekend is coming and that means lots of time with your pup!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I'm with the rest of the gang, was a bit worried! Glad to see he is doing so well. What a crazy few weeks!! So glad he's getting better, and you can finally relax. :whew:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Just wanted to share some pics of my strong boys recovery.
First is his belly :( Big incision. The ones in the kennel are minutes after he awoke from anesthesia. Then one with his daddy on his first night home after surgery, and the last two are from yesterday! He thanks you all for all the prayers! Slow but steady - Love, Ty & Jessica @bullmama @2BullyMama @Blueberrys Mom @My Otis @brutus77 @Manydogs @DieselsMom
View attachment 82684View attachment 82687View attachment 82688View attachment 82686View attachment 82683View attachment 82685

What a handsome FRECKLED boy.... never knew he had some many freckles :luv: so happy he is getting better. BIg hugs and kisses from me to him

OP
TyTysmom

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
What a handsome FRECKLED boy.... never knew he had some many freckles :luv: so happy he is getting better. BIg hugs and kisses from me to him

Thank you! Yes, he is freckled, he reminds me alot of sweet Banks. :heart::heart::heart:

OP
TyTysmom

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
[MENTION=2]bullmama[/MENTION] [MENTION=7457]Blueberrys Mom[/MENTION] [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] [MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION]

So Tyson has shown signs of improvement day by day this week, which was great. He was seeming to get a bit more energy & we were seeing glimpses of his old self. Then this morning after eating & taking his meds - now he's been lethargic all day, and seems off again. Is this normal post op? Am I over - reacting?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Geez I don't know..... I wouldn't get too freaked out just yet as he's had a rough week. Just make sure there's no missing socks.... I know, bad joke right?

How did he eat dinner?

OP
TyTysmom

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Geez I don't know..... I wouldn't get too freaked out just yet as he's had a rough week. Just make sure there's no missing socks.... I know, bad joke right?

How did he eat dinner?

No socks!!!! Haha. He's been doing really well, eating, drinking, pooping. My husband against my suggestion took him for a decent length walk yesterday & I wonder if that was too much & he's sore. I told him short & quick ... But he insisted that he was doing good & wanted to keep going. Me & my paranoid self already made an appt to see the vet in the morning. His gums are nice & pink, good breaths, he's farting a lot... Idk - seriously I just can't take another set back :(

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
No socks!!!! Haha. He's been doing really well, eating, drinking, pooping. My husband against my suggestion took him for a decent length walk yesterday & I wonder if that was too much & he's sore. I told him short & quick ... But he insisted that he was doing good & wanted to keep going. Me & my paranoid self already made an appt to see the vet in the morning. His gums are nice & pink, good breaths, he's farting a lot... Idk - seriously I just can't take another set back :(

Agreed! Better to be safe than sorry. Let us know how his appointment goes!

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
He could be in pain, or it could be the pain meds. or even the walk (my husband thinks the same way- "it's good for him" pfft).

I would of done the same thing, made an appointment. Only because this whole thing from the start was one big clusterf*** of a mess and I'd also be paranoid.

Keep us updated.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

After kicking the hubby's *** I would be at the vet to make sure he is OK and nothing happen during the extended walk. :faceplam:

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
See if your husband felt like a long walk, if he had gone through what poor Ty has been through! No sense at all. :fie: I sure hope Ty is alright. Please let us know, and give this to your hubby :spank::slapping: [MENTION=13133]TyTysmom[/MENTION] Bet your hubby would be lying on the couch for two months, moaning and groaning.

OP
TyTysmom

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Back from vet. They checked temp, lungs, breathing & incision. They said all looks good. She said it could be the weather change - we are in TX and it dropped to the 20s here this week which is low for us. Also she said the walk could have over exerted his energy. She said no walks or super short/slow ones for the next week. It wasn't a full exam like I had thought but she said that all looked ok & she saw no concerns that worried her. She said first sign of problem would be temperature, breathing or really obvious pain. Hoping he just needs to rest, I want my baby back already - I'm impatient. Let's see how the rest of the weekend goes.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.