TyTysmom

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
[MENTION=7457]Blueberrys Mom[/MENTION] - how soon were you able to take your boys home after their surgeries?

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
When Blue swallowed a squeaker, they were able to get it out via an endoscopy. He was only under for a short time so they let us pick him up the same day.

When my boys had full on surgery (nares/palate) they kept them over night. But my hospital is open 24/7.

Ask her if there's any benefit to keeping him sedated until at least tomorrow. Like I said, that's what they had to do with Blue. He wasn't on strong meds. just something light to keep him calm.. man, I wish I could remember what it was called.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Glad he's doing well so far!!! Thank you for the great news!!!

Great idea [MENTION=9370]brutus77[/MENTION] to get an emergency plan in place, but hopefully if he is doing well by 6:00 pm he will do good tonight.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Good to hear he is doing well after the surgery.... I'll be watching for updates once you get him home.

OP
TyTysmom

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
We are finally home!! And in full resting mode. Still watching very closely for any change in breathing. We just gave him his pain meds, and antibiotics. He's zonked out. He was panting pretty bad when we first picked him up & put him in the truck, so I laid down with him & rubbed his belly, told him how much we loved him, and he settled down & fell asleep. I'll be up all night watching him, but doc said she really doesn't think he'll have any issues esp at home. I hope she's right. Please keep us in your prayers tonight that he gets some well needed sleep & his breathing remains calm & steady! I'm making myself a big pot of coffee now. Don't know what I'd do without everyone's prayers & support. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I'll update you in the morning, took the day off to be with him.
-Jessica @bullmama @2BullyMama @brutus77 [MENTION=7457]Blueberrys Mom[/MENTION] @Manydogs

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=13133]TyTysmom[/MENTION] So happy that Ty is home with his mommy-who will watch over him. So sweet how he calmed down when mommy rubbed his belly. I don't think there is any better place for support than EBN, where everyone understands how "in love" we all are. No, it's NOT "just a dog". :heart::heart::heart::heart:

OP
TyTysmom

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
@TyTysmom So happy that Ty is home with his mommy-who will watch over him. So sweet how he calmed down when mommy rubbed his belly. I don't think there is any better place for support than EBN, where everyone understands how "in love" we all are. No, it's NOT "just a dog". :heart::heart::heart::heart:

Yes! I was so nervous & my husband said just be calm, and talk to him. He feels your emotions. So I calmed down & just started talking to him, and rubbing his belly like he loves - and he immediately laid down & his breathing calmed down. So true that they feel everything we feel. And yes, they are not just dogs, they are family.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
We are finally home!! And in full resting mode. Still watching very closely for any change in breathing. We just gave him his pain meds, and antibiotics. He's zonked out. He was panting pretty bad when we first picked him up & put him in the truck, so I laid down with him & rubbed his belly, told him how much we loved him, and he settled down & fell asleep. I'll be up all night watching him, but doc said she really doesn't think he'll have any issues esp at home. I hope she's right. Please keep us in your prayers tonight that he gets some well needed sleep & his breathing remains calm & steady! I'm making myself a big pot of coffee now. Don't know what I'd do without everyone's prayers & support. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I'll update you in the morning, took the day off to be with him.
-Jessica @bullmama @2BullyMama @brutus77 @Blueberrys Mom @Manydogs

YEAH!!!! Give him a big sloppy bully kiss from me and give your self a triple shot of espresso so you can stay awake! So happy he is home with you and all safe and sound in his own bed!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Yay, I'm glad he's home and doing good, take care of you too.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Great news!! Hope you got a movie, or two, or three ready for tonight :D

Will check back in the morning.

Give Tyson a big wet kiss from me and my boys.

Bulldozersma

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2012
Nevada
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank "The Tank", Bocephus Watasha Ledoux, Rampage Jackson (RIP) Bulldozer (RIP)
Jessica, just saw this. So glad Ty is doing well, hope he has a nice restful night, although I'm sure you won't staying up,watching him. We mostly have all been there and this group has gotten me through some pretty worrisome situations. Sending thoughts and prayers for a smooth recovery!

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
So Glad Your Tyson is home with you, God Bless him and You Jessica. I am so Glad he is doing so much better. Tyson is One Lucky Bulldog to have a Family like You Jessica, he knows and feels the Love you have for him. Sending Prayers, Love and Hugs for Sweet Tyson.

DieselsMom

Nov 18, 2014
Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel
I'm just now getting caught up and I'm so glad Tyson is home and resting! Diesel and I will still be sending healing thoughts to Tyson. Keep us updated!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=13133]TyTysmom[/MENTION] Checking in to see (hope that your night was okay) and that Ty is doing okay.Paws are crossed.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.