TyTysmom

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Tyson is out of surgery. There was one more sock in there. Now comes the critical hours. Wasn't the surgery I was worried about, but this time now. Post op. Praying for perfect post op with no breathing complications! Please oh please! [MENTION=2]bullmama[/MENTION] [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] [MENTION=7457]Blueberrys Mom[/MENTION] [MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION]

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
ok we are half way there. Fingers crossed for a quick recovery.

OP
TyTysmom

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
ok we are half way there. Fingers crossed for a quick recovery.

Yes, halfway there.... I can't wait to get him home tonight. I know he will rest well at home. I hope that from now til then he does well there at the vet. It wasn't until 15 hrs post op last time that he went into distress. I am hoping since we are taking him home, this time will be different, and he'll be perfectly fine.

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Yes, halfway there.... I can't wait to get him home tonight. I know he will rest well at home. I hope that from now til then he does well there at the vet. It wasn't until 15 hrs post op last time that he went into distress. I am hoping since we are taking him home, this time will be different, and he'll be perfectly fine.

What time is the latest that you could pick him up? Perhaps since it was so long after the surgery that he went into distress, he should stay over night. Would he be watched if he stays over? What does the vet think?

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Is this a 24/7 hospital? If so, I would leave him there over night just to be safe.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
What time is the latest that you could pick him up? Perhaps since it was so long after the surgery that he went into distress, he should stay over night. Would he be watched if he stays over? What does the vet think?

I agree with @brutus77 would there be someone at the vet's all night?

So relieved and happy that he has come through the surgery!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I'm glad Tyson got thru the surgery okay too. Lots of prayers for him to get thru the post-op period successfully and comfortably.

OP
TyTysmom

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
I agree with @brutus77 would there be someone at the vet's all night?

So relieved and happy that he has come through the surgery!

No, its not a 24/7 - we are set to pick him up at 6pm. I think (this is just me) that him being left there last time so long is what made him impatient maybe and wanting to go home. I only got bits & pieces of the story, but was told that a tech went to check on his IV's and he got upset, that's when everything went downhill. I think he'll be more comfortable at home. We can take him to a 24/7 to be monitored, but I hadn't planned on that. The doc here said that dogs tend to do better at home... bc they are comfortable in their home. She said she thought it was very unusual that it happened so many hours afterwards. [MENTION=9370]brutus77[/MENTION] [MENTION=7457]Blueberrys Mom[/MENTION]

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
No, its not a 24/7 - we are set to pick him up at 6pm. I think (this is just me) that him being left there last time so long is what made him impatient maybe and wanting to go home. I only got bits & pieces of the story, but was told that a tech went to check on his IV's and he got upset, that's when everything went downhill. I think he'll be more comfortable at home. We can take him to a 24/7 to be monitored, but I hadn't planned on that. The doc here said that dogs tend to do better at home... bc they are comfortable in their home. She said she thought it was very unusual that it happened so many hours afterwards. @brutus77 @Blueberrys Mom
ok that's sounds reasonable to me. Just because I am nuts, I would have the route to an emergency hospital mapped out just in case. I KNOW YOU WONT NEED IT.... but it is better to be prepared.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Well, it's good to hear that it was unusual. Hopefully it was just a fluke and won't happen again.

I gotta say, I'm surprised it happened at all. Blue is one nervous dog. He has to be medicated to keep him calm in hospitals so I know they give him sedatives to keep him calm. I hope they're doing
the same for Tyson.

OP
TyTysmom

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
ok that's sounds reasonable to me. Just because I am nuts, I would have the route to an emergency hospital mapped out just in case. I KNOW YOU WONT NEED IT.... but it is better to be prepared.

Yes! We have one just about 5 mins away, just in case. It scares me to death just thinking about it. But I hope & pray that since he is going to be home, in his bed, he'll just sleep. I'm nuts too. I've been a nervous wreck all day, and for the last 2-3 weeks.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Well then, he probably will be happier at home-I am sure you will monitor him more than anyone else, anyway! I didn't realize that last time, it was so much after surgery. I'm guessing you won't sleep much-continued prayer for his good recovery! Three socks-that may be the record, One which no one wants to win.Please give him a big smooshy kiss for me when you pick him up!:blowkiss:

OP
TyTysmom

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Well, it's good to hear that it was unusual. Hopefully it was just a fluke and won't happen again.

I gotta say, I'm surprised it happened at all. Blue is one nervous dog. He has to be medicated to keep him calm in hospitals so I know they give him sedatives to keep him calm. I hope they're doing
the same for Tyson.

I know he's on pain meds, they said he was really groggy, but that is normal. She said he would be really loopy tonight, and to just let him rest. I asked her what if he started to have breathing issues, and she said at that point they give a sedative to help him calm down. I am PRAYING we don't get anywhere near that. Praying he just comes home, goes to his bed, and sleeps it off. I found it rather unusual too - 15 hrs later, which is what led me to poke & ask more questions. That's when I got the story about how he got upset bc a tech was checking his IVs. I wonder if that was the entire reason, he just wanted to be left alone? These are questions I have asked myself since August. That remain unanswered. I just know that if I didn't feel good, I'd wanna be at home. I hope its the same case.

OP
TyTysmom

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Well then, he probably will be happier at home-I am sure you will monitor him more than anyone else, anyway! I didn't realize that last time, it was so much after surgery. I'm guessing you won't sleep much-continued prayer for his good recovery! Three socks-that may be the record, One which no one wants to win.Please give him a big smooshy kiss for me when you pick him up!:blowkiss:

You are sure right, I don't foresee myself sleeping at all tonight. And I'm fine with that. Yes, 3 socks!! I couldn't believe the first 2. Praying for a smooth recovery from now through tomorrow. I can't wait to get a full nights rest - good, peaceful rest.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.