Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Just dropped off Tyson

Quote Originally Posted by TyTysmom View Post
    No, its not a 24/7 - we are set to pick him up at 6pm. I think (this is just me) that him being left there last time so long is what made him impatient maybe and wanting to go home. I only got bits & pieces of the story, but was told that a tech went to check on his IV's and he got upset, that's when everything went downhill. I think he'll be more comfortable at home. We can take him to a 24/7 to be monitored, but I hadn't planned on that. The doc here said that dogs tend to do better at home... bc they are comfortable in their home. She said she thought it was very unusual that it happened so many hours afterwards. @brutus77 @Blueberrys Mom
    ok that's sounds reasonable to me. Just because I am nuts, I would have the route to an emergency hospital mapped out just in case. I KNOW YOU WONT NEED IT.... but it is better to be prepared.
    My smooshy face boy!

The Ultimate Sourmug nycbullymama's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Well, it's good to hear that it was unusual. Hopefully it was just a fluke and won't happen again.

I gotta say, I'm surprised it happened at all. Blue is one nervous dog. He has to be medicated to keep him calm in hospitals so I know they give him sedatives to keep him calm. I hope they're doing
    the same for Tyson.

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by brutus77 View Post
    ok that's sounds reasonable to me. Just because I am nuts, I would have the route to an emergency hospital mapped out just in case. I KNOW YOU WONT NEED IT.... but it is better to be prepared.
    Yes! We have one just about 5 mins away, just in case. It scares me to death just thinking about it. But I hope & pray that since he is going to be home, in his bed, he'll just sleep. I'm nuts too. I've been a nervous wreck all day, and for the last 2-3 weeks.

My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

Well then, he probably will be happier at home-I am sure you will monitor him more than anyone else, anyway! I didn't realize that last time, it was so much after surgery. I'm guessing you won't sleep much-continued prayer for his good recovery! Three socks-that may be the record, One which no one wants to win.Please give him a big smooshy kiss for me when you pick him up!
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Blueberrys Mom View Post
    Well, it's good to hear that it was unusual. Hopefully it was just a fluke and won't happen again.

I gotta say, I'm surprised it happened at all. Blue is one nervous dog. He has to be medicated to keep him calm in hospitals so I know they give him sedatives to keep him calm. I hope they're doing
    the same for Tyson.
    I know he's on pain meds, they said he was really groggy, but that is normal. She said he would be really loopy tonight, and to just let him rest. I asked her what if he started to have breathing issues, and she said at that point they give a sedative to help him calm down. I am PRAYING we don't get anywhere near that. Praying he just comes home, goes to his bed, and sleeps it off. I found it rather unusual too - 15 hrs later, which is what led me to poke & ask more questions. That's when I got the story about how he got upset bc a tech was checking his IVs. I wonder if that was the entire reason, he just wanted to be left alone? These are questions I have asked myself since August. That remain unanswered. I just know that if I didn't feel good, I'd wanna be at home. I hope its the same case.

My whole heart, Tyson.

Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Manydogs View Post
    Well then, he probably will be happier at home-I am sure you will monitor him more than anyone else, anyway! I didn't realize that last time, it was so much after surgery. I'm guessing you won't sleep much-continued prayer for his good recovery! Three socks-that may be the record, One which no one wants to win.Please give him a big smooshy kiss for me when you pick him up!
    You are sure right, I don't foresee myself sleeping at all tonight. And I'm fine with that. Yes, 3 socks!! I couldn't believe the first 2. Praying for a smooth recovery from now through tomorrow. I can't wait to get a full nights rest - good, peaceful rest.

My whole heart, Tyson.

Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

@Blueberrys Mom - how soon were you able to take your boys home after their surgeries?

My whole heart, Tyson.

The Ultimate Sourmug nycbullymama's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

When Blue swallowed a squeaker, they were able to get it out via an endoscopy. He was only under for a short time so they let us pick him up the same day.

When my boys had full on surgery (nares/palate) they kept them over night. But my hospital is open 24/7.

Ask her if there's any benefit to keeping him sedated until at least tomorrow. Like I said, that's what they had to do with Blue. He wasn't on strong meds. just something light to keep him calm.. man, I wish I could remember what it was called.

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Glad he's doing well so far!!! Thank you for the great news!!!

Great idea @brutus77 to get an emergency plan in place, but hopefully if he is doing well by 6:00 pm he will do good tonight.

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Good to hear he is doing well after the surgery.... I'll be watching for updates once you get him home.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

We are finally home!! And in full resting mode. Still watching very closely for any change in breathing. We just gave him his pain meds, and antibiotics. He's zonked out. He was panting pretty bad when we first picked him up & put him in the truck, so I laid down with him & rubbed his belly, told him how much we loved him, and he settled down & fell asleep. I'll be up all night watching him, but doc said she really doesn't think he'll have any issues esp at home. I hope she's right. Please keep us in your prayers tonight that he gets some well needed sleep & his breathing remains calm & steady! I'm making myself a big pot of coffee now. Don't know what I'd do without everyone's prayers & support. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I'll update you in the morning, took the day off to be with him.
    -Jessica @bullmama @2BullyMama @brutus77 @Blueberrys Mom @Manydogs

My whole heart, Tyson.

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

@TyTysmom So happy that Ty is home with his mommy-who will watch over him. So sweet how he calmed down when mommy rubbed his belly. I don't think there is any better place for support than EBN, where everyone understands how "in love" we all are. No, it's NOT "just a dog".
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Remove Ads