USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Coconut oil

Quote Originally Posted by Smashers View Post
    Does anyone alternate between coconut oil and fish oil? Or is it best to just stick to one?
    I switch between the two, but use all if one first so the oil (especially the salmon oil) doesn't get too old. Coconut oil does have a longer shelf life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

2. Likes Smashers liked this post
    Real Name
    Raghu Prasad
    Country
    India
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella
    Likes (Received)

Hello. I am from India. Have a 3+ month old EB puppy and an adult boxer.
    Yes I do use coconut oil, but not orally. As supplements, I use salmon oil and flaxseed oil.
    Flaxseed oil is really good for the coat and is also a anti-inflammatory remedy in case of joint pain.

Coconut oil is very good for cuts/rashes/sores. Has a cooling effect on raw skin.
    Get food grade coconut oil when possible (any Indian store in your area should carry it).
    This way when you apply it on cuts and sores and your dog licks it, there should be no problem.
    If administering orally, start 1/2 tsp per day. Sometimes coconut oil can cause loose bowel movement.

Coconut oil is very effective in killing lice/fleas/ticks. All these parasites breathe through exoskeleton. So when you find a tick just rub in some coconut oil (or olive oil) in that area.
    In a few minutes, the tick will die an release the grip on skin. This way it is easy to remove and will not break skin (as compared to yanking with tweezers)
    After tick removal, rub out any remaining oil with a tissue. Burn the dead tick before disposing.

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Doug
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella, Dozer and Koda
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Smashers View Post
    Does anyone alternate between coconut oil and fish oil? Or is it best to just stick to one?
    I alternate between the two but when I run out of salmon oil I'll stop giving it to my guys as I alternate between whole Sardines one day and Fermented fish stock the next which I think is much better for them.

5. Likes Smashers liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads