kristendnae

Dec 23, 2014
Country
America
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
I don't know if I am being overly concerned or if I need to take my girl to the vet. I noticed that she is shedding more, her eyes are watery, and her coat is getting pink. I've attached some pictures, they aren't the best - but I noticed the pink is around her face and mouth and also on her paws.
We have had her for 3 weeks and changed her food from nutro max to natural balance salmon (grain free) and just yesterday we purchase Fromm Beef Frittata, because we were concerned the natural balance was making her worse. I've been giving her Benadryl because of her eyes and some sneezing, and it has helped those issues but not the link hue in her coat.

could something else be causing her allergic reaction? Our house is very clean, I vacuum 2-3 times per week and do not use any harsh products (I mop with white vinegar).
I just want to make sure she isn't miserable image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Is she scratching, biting, licking or rubbing anywhere? She looks a tad pink, but not totally abnormal.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
agree with Lisa... nothing to alarming -- any paw licking or biting?

OP
K

kristendnae

Dec 23, 2014
Country
America
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
She is paw licking. Not sure if that is out of boredom or not. If I catch her doing it I will stop her. So looks like I'm probably just being a little crazy :)

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
She is paw licking. Not sure if that is out of boredom or not. If I catch her doing it I will stop her. So looks like I'm probably just being a little crazy :)

paw licking is usually a sign that the paws itch. My girl was allergic to chicken and sensitive to salmon -- she did well on Beef fritatta, but much better on Pork and Peas

OP
K

kristendnae

Dec 23, 2014
Country
America
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
Okay thank you! I will see how she does on the Beed frittata! I'm so relieved!

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
OP
K

kristendnae

Dec 23, 2014
Country
America
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
Me again! I noticed today that she is rubbing her sides up against furniture or the blinds - I assume to relieve an itch? I've been giving her Benadryl... Is there anything else I ca do? I also noticed her nose was running. Just want my girl to feel good and healthy!

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Me again! I noticed today that she is rubbing her sides up against furniture or the blinds - I assume to relieve an itch? I've been giving her Benadryl... Is there anything else I ca do? I also noticed her nose was running. Just want my girl to feel good and healthy!

You can give the benedryl up to 3x a day 1 mg per pound. How long has she been on the Fromm food? It can take up to a month for the new food to show any results

Most Reactions