Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Ivermectin is a pretty standard treatment for the mange. Someone I know has a frenchie with sarcoptic mange, and she gets an ivermectin shot once a month, to keep it from breaking out. I would think with demodectic, it should be improving in about two weeks,could be sooner.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Walter was diagnosed w/demodex mange in late summer/early fall… we initially were going conservative treating individual spots but it started spreading. The vet suggested the dips so we decided to go ahead w/them and luckily for us Walter didn't have a reaction to them. So along w/weekly dips and the use of Advantage Multi it finally stopped spreading, and now the hair is growing back in his bald spots. I'm sorry that you had to spend SO much money, and wait so long for them to figure out what was wrong w/your baby. Keep us posted on Cady's progress...

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Thanks for the update, glad to hear she is improving. Luckily they only found one, likely her case isn't bad and she will get better quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.