goin under the knife :(

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
lex is having his hernia fixed and is going to be fixed as well. Jeff took him to the vet yesterday cause i was conserned that his nostrils werent big enough they dont have a big opening it almost looks closed. first thing jeff told me was lex was 63lbs and vet said he was a solid chunk of muscle :up: so vet said that he does need to open his nostrils up and will try to get all 3 done tom morning. he will def fix the hernia and fix him tom but will do a judge ment call during surgery as to if hes been down to long to do his nose or not. i hope and pray he can get all 3 in cause im starting to be a nervous wreck about all this and dont want him down twice if possible :pray:.
im taking him in around 730am in the morning and jeff will pick him up at 430pm cause ill be at work :*(... im training a new dispatcher and so glad she'll be here tom cause i will be :blah: until i hear something from the office

bfletch13

Community Veteran
Dec 19, 2010
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Jozi, Wales
WOW all in one day. I guess beter to get
it all over with. He will be fine just a little
sore for awhile. Jozi had a hernia that had
to be fixed. But they did that before we
got her.

Keep us up to date on Lexter. He will be in
our thoughts and prayers.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
We're all going to be nervous wrecks with you! Great idea in doing the 2 or 3 in 1. Please keep us posted!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
What kind of anesthesia are they using? Hopefully Isoflurane only. Now I am a nervous wreck too! I think that makes 5 of us!

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
AW! Lex will be just fine! Let us know when you hear something! (hug)

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Gracie had a hernia fixed in October and it was a piece of cake. Wouldn't have even known she had anything done by the way she acted so don't be too concerned about that operation. Will be thinking about Lex tomorrow. :)

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Aw, I'll be thinking of Lex. Take heart, Baby T had a trifecta of surgeries all at once when he was a puppy and he made it out just fine. I'm sure Lex will do wonderfully and be back to his spunky self in no time!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Sending good thoughts everything goes well!

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
I know how you feel, Samson has had 3 surgeries and I was a wreck each time (orthopedic surgery for broken leg, neutur and to remove toy he swallowed). BUT Samson did wonderfully each time and I know Lex with too. You guys will be in my thoughts!

OP
lexterwayne

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
i will let yall know when i find something out they start the surgeries after 9 central time so im gonna have them call me when lex is out. thanks again it means so much to have such great bullie friends that care!!! :luv:

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Big :heart: to Lex ... he'll be fine!!!!

It would be a god-send to have all 3 things done at once, and it's good that the vet has already told you that it will be a judgement call as to whether he feels he's been out too long or not. The good news is that the snippety-snip for a male dog is SO much easier and also very common to have a hernia done at the same time (Daddy will get the both done too). So let's hope that his nostrils should be easily done!

[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] I'm curious what you meant when you say you hope it is Isoflurane??

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.