goin under the knife :(

catorres8988

Jun 3, 2010
Tyler, Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Spike & Sparkles
awww lex will be fine... i'll keep u in my thoughts and prayers as well.... PLEASE keep us posted PLEASE!!!! everything will be ok
:heart: ya!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
[MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION]

Many anesthesias are not safe for bulldogs. Isoflurane is more like a gas, so once they are off of it they wake up quickly. Less dangerous. I have seen some people who have lost their bullies for a simple procedure like a spay/neuter recently, and it was the anesthesia.

OP
lexterwayne

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] I'm not sure what he's Usin I was at work when jeff took him and when the vet asked if we wanted a copy Of the estimate jeff said no!!! UGH MEN!!!!! So I will ask when I drop lex off in the morning what do I do if they don't use it nOw I'm scared to ask

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Just ask them what their anesthesia protocol is, and what they use. If they use anything else, I would ask if they can use ISO instead. If they cannot, I would ask why. And then I would turn around and seek another opinion from a different vet before you have the surgery done. (Of course do NOT tell the new vet about what the other vet said).

Please note that ANY TIME you put a dog under anesthesia there is a risk. Especially all smooshy faced breeds, and toy breeds. But I know that for spay / neuter and c-section, ISO is the only way to go. Not sure about the other procedures.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Keeping Lex in my thoughts today, :heart: please update us tonight, I know it is going to be a long day for you.

L

Lucy-licious

Sendin cuddles and kisses to both u and Lex, hope all is well :heart:

OP
lexterwayne

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] they did say this morning when i dropped him off that they give them a pre anesthesia to make them sleepy and then they will tube him and then hook him up to gas and something else i cant remember now :whistle:.... she did mention that they had a english bulldog puppy in the back going in for surgery so that also made me feel good :up: havent heard anything from them yet and will be able to call after noon so i have 2 more hours, feeling pretty good at this point im just hoping they can sqeeze all 3 surgeries in today. i am taking bo to his "other" house for the weekend i want lex to beable to rest for the weekend and not try to play with bubba the first few days... depending on how lex is sun i might bring bo home mon nite when i come home from work not sure at this point will just play it by ear!!! i will let everyone know in at least 2 hours!!!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you for the update! Big kisses and hugs and prayers coming your way! :heart:

OP
lexterwayne

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
he is alive and kickin :up: they said he did great and was standing up when i called. they werent able to do open up his nasal passage though. and hes coming home at 4 today

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
[MENTION=1041]lexterwayne[/MENTION] - thanks for the update! So glad to hear that the teddy bear did great! He's such a trooper (hug).

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Glad to here he did so well! Hopefully the nasal passages won't be much of a problem.

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
Oh sooo glad to hear you have had good news and he's probably home by now. Too bad they couldn't do it all today, but he got most of it done. KISSES from Gertie and Ida!

Most Reactions