Miss Lola

Sep 25, 2014
Maple Ridge
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola, Floyd
Well the other night ended up with a trip to the emergency Vet Hospital in the next town over thinking Lola was dying. The started getting lethargic then she started to shake from side to side while her paws went out from under her. I thought she was having a seizure. She then fell over and went to sleep only to start heaving and lose control of her bladder. Turned out she ingested some marijuana while we were playing at the park and she was actually stoned. Vet said the amount ingested would not cause long term damage and to take her home and feed her a fatty meal. Very scary night but now it's a kinda funny story. The Vet said we would be surprised at how many dogs end up there for the same thing.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OMG :faint: so she found something that was dropped and ate it?

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wow!! Maybe she could work for the DEA! Holy smokes!

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
OMG, how scary! I'm glad Lola is feeling better. Did she get the munchies?? We have to now re name her Cheech and Floyd can be Chong!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
That must have been really scary, so glad Lola is okay. How did the vet figure out what was causing the symptoms?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Wow!!!! How scary! How's she doing today?

OP
Miss Lola

Miss Lola

Sep 25, 2014
Maple Ridge
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola, Floyd
That must have been really scary, so glad Lola is okay. How did the vet figure out what was causing the symptoms?
She said they have dogs in weekly because of this, people dropping the end of their joints in parks, beaches and trails. She had every symptom they look for. What I thought was a seizure they call the bobble head, lethargic, loss of bladder control, no balance. Lola had every symptom. When we took her out of the kennel and sat her in front of me they asked me not to touch her so we could see what happened and she just tipped over sideways in slow motion. But it all started to pass within a few hours thankfully.

OP
Miss Lola

Miss Lola

Sep 25, 2014
Maple Ridge
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola, Floyd
OMG :faint: so she found something that was dropped and ate it?
Yes we had been in the park playing, and Lola likes to eat everything edible and non edible.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow!!!! How scary! How's she doing today?
She was back to herself by morning. Acting normal and full of energy!

OP
Miss Lola

Miss Lola

Sep 25, 2014
Maple Ridge
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola, Floyd
OMG, how scary! I'm glad Lola is feeling better. Did she get the munchies?? We have to now re name her Cheech and Floyd can be Chong!
The vet made a joke about her having the munchies and that I needed to go feed her a fatty meal...lol...I guess it actually helps them to feel better when they eat.

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
Well the other night ended up with a trip to the emergency Vet Hospital in the next town over thinking Lola was dying. The started getting lethargic then she started to shake from side to side while her paws went out from under her. I thought she was having a seizure. She then fell over and went to sleep only to start heaving and lose control of her bladder. Turned out she ingested some marijuana while we were playing at the park and she was actually stoned. Vet said the amount ingested would not cause long term damage and to take her home and feed her a fatty meal. Very scary night but now it's a kinda funny story. The Vet said we would be surprised at how many dogs end up there for the same thing.

Holy smokes!! :facepalm1: who's marijuana plant was that?

OP
Miss Lola

Miss Lola

Sep 25, 2014
Maple Ridge
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola, Floyd
Holy smokes!! :facepalm1: who's marijuana plant was that?
It wasn't a plant it would have been the end of a joint. She must of picked it up at the park while she was playing. Although the vet did give me that look like sure she didn't get into it at home.

YHSublime

Dec 16, 2014
Fairfax, VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Taco & Thor
Although I'm sure it was scary at the time, pretty funny picturing your bully falling in slow mo while stoned. Glad et is back to normal.

Wow!! Maybe she could work for the DEA! Holy smokes!

Haha, and she would eat all the confiscated goods!

Although the vet did give me that look like sure she didn't get into it at home.

I'm sure the vet has turned skeptical with all the things that come through!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
It wasn't a plant it would have been the end of a joint. She must of picked it up at the park while she was playing. Although the vet did give me that look like sure she didn't get into it at home.

hahaha! at least she is ok and all is well. Give her a big hug from California :)

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
My friend has a tiny little yorkie poo and he got into her sons stash and also had to go to the vet. Poor little thing was completely stoned. The vet did indeed say it happens all the time. I think we have a whole population of stoners and we don't even know it!! Party on little dudes!! lol

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online