devlishangelinca

May 23, 2013
Sacramento, California, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Boris
Boris had a vet appointment last Monday for another ear infection. While we were in there, we told the vet he had really bad breath but his teeth are clean and look good. Apparently, English bulldogs can get fur trapped in the wrinkles inside their mouth and you are supposed to clean those out too! Shocked me as we have had Boris for over 2 years and its never been and issue before. I've read virtually every piece of information I could on EBs and have never heard of this before. Anyways wanted to pass along this bit of information.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
really! never heard of it either. Have to ask my vet about next time we go in

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Molly's does all the time, in the gum line. As part of our daily routine I swipe it out when she gets her eye drops. If you lift their upper lip all the way up you can see the spot where hair can get trapped.

I have also found trapped fur wedged in the lines of the pallet ( roof of mouth ).

Khloe had developed some pretty foul breath and she's a licker, loves to give kisses. I could not find anything in her teeth and gums so I was stumped, didn't see anything on her pallet either. So I asked my son to get a flashlight and I see these two tiny hairs sticking out of her pallet. Once I pulled them more and more showed up, it had filled in one whole groove of her pallet from side to side!

So yes, great post @devilishangelica

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Molly's does all the time, in the gum line. As part of our daily routine I swipe it out when she gets her eye drops. If you lift their upper lip all the way up you can see the spot where hair can get trapped.

I have also found trapped fur wedged in the lines of the pallet ( roof of mouth ).

Khloe had developed some pretty foul breath and she's a licker, loves to give kisses. I could not find anything in her teeth and gums so I was stumped, didn't see anything on her pallet either. So I asked my son to get a flashlight and I see these two tiny hairs sticking out of her pallet. Once I pulled them more and more showed up, it had filled in one whole groove of her pallet from side to side!

So yes, great post @devilishangelica

HOLY crap... I am checking Cheli tonight as he has some kick-stinking breath lately

rattyfatty87

Feb 2, 2014
HUffman, Texas, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ratliff
we get this with ratty too! he gets hair in his gums and between what little teeth are actually close to eachother. we got a finger skin tooth brush and that helps, most of it is just pinning them to one spot and digging around to get it all out. he doesnt like it but his breath smells better.. he is just oging to have to suffer for a few minutes while i dig around and clear it all out

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.