Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 25 to 35 of 35

Thread: info on pet insurance

  1. #25
    Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Libra926's Avatar
    Real Name
    Cheryl
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    7,813
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Vegas and Orion
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    1148
    Blog Entries
    44

    Default Re: info on pet insurance

    I'm just about to file my first claim with Trupanion. I saw that they want all records... Vegas has been to several vets before we finally selected this one. Looks like I have a lot of work in front of me.

  2. #26
    ..........
    Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Location
    Grafton, OHIO
    Posts
    8,746
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)
    4

    Default Re: info on pet insurance

    @Libra926 Yes and expect them to then contact everyone of your vets listed to ask for more details. It's been a month now and Maggie has been with the same vet all her life!! STILL waiting to see if they will allow the claim or not .... and this is for the fluid on the brain that the neurologist says she was born with!!!! We're not even close to finding out what is causing her "episodes" (she had another one last night)!!! We now have a second claim ready to send off for the interdigital cysts she got last week that became infected. ..... I am waiting to find out about the first claim and then I will cancel the policy if they don't cover it. I'm getting rather with Trupanion right now .....!!!

  3. #27
    Newbie
    Country
    USA
    Posts
    3
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brody
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: info on pet insurance

    Quote Originally Posted by kazzy220 View Post
    @Libra926 Yes and expect them to then contact everyone of your vets listed to ask for more details. It's been a month now and Maggie has been with the same vet all her life!! STILL waiting to see if they will allow the claim or not .... and this is for the fluid on the brain that the neurologist says she was born with!!!! We're not even close to finding out what is causing her "episodes" (she had another one last night)!!! We now have a second claim ready to send off for the interdigital cysts she got last week that became infected. ..... I am waiting to find out about the first claim and then I will cancel the policy if they don't cover it. I'm getting rather with Trupanion right now .....!!!
    Kazzy220
    im curious what is going on with your pup Maggie? My 9 month old Billie recently had an MRI done and the neuro found two cysts in his brain😢 he is on meds to reduce fluid and to prevent enlargement for a few weeks. These cysts are causing tremors. Although since he started the meds he has only had one. The neuro sounds very hopeful and the spinal fluid came back normal🙌 removing them will be last resort only if he isn't responding to meds and symptoms worsen. Praying for the best and some kind of miracle here. Just wondering how your pup was doing?

  4. #28
    The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    TyTysmom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Katy, TX
    Posts
    5,512
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)
    6207

    Default Re: info on pet insurance

    @catorres8988
    I think insurance is a must with our breed - We have VPI - am I in love with them? No, but they do okay... I wish I had found Trupanion first bc they cover much more, 90%, with no limits. VPI has limits on certain conditions, etc. We're at a point now that we can't switch, because they request all vet records for the last 18 months, and anything the vet treated during that time, they will EXCLUDE. Totally not worth it at this point with us personally. But if you are new, health ok - then Trupanion for sure. Our biggest incident with Tyson which was obstruction, then surgery - ran us a total of around $3,200 - VPI paid out $2,000 - but we maxed all the limits. In my opinion, something is better than nothing, and my biggest recommendation personally is (if you can) get a credit card especially designated to your babies... in case of any big emergencies. I know alot of members here do the same. Good Luck!

    My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

  5. Likes Cali Doll liked this post
  6. #29
    Newbie BustersOwner's Avatar
    Real Name
    Brian
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Chicago Burbs
    Posts
    11
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Buster
    Likes (Received)
    10

    Default Re: info on pet insurance

    Hi I got my second Bulldog 6 weeks ago as my first one passed in Sept at 8 1/2 years old. I didn't know when I was going to get another bullie but I knew it was going to be a bullie after falling in love with the breed.
    I tried insurance with the first doggy 8 years ago but back then they were horrible and wouldn't cover so much so I ended it. I've heard pet insurance has gotten so much better and there are so many more options as well. I'm wondering if Trupanion is still as good as people have said in these earlier posts.

  7. #30
    The New Casper Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Marine91's Avatar
    Real Name
    Todd
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Blips and Chitz
    Posts
    8,480
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harlea
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2586

    Default Re: info on pet insurance

    Quote Originally Posted by BustersOwner View Post
    Hi I got my second Bulldog 6 weeks ago as my first one passed in Sept at 8 1/2 years old. I didn't know when I was going to get another bullie but I knew it was going to be a bullie after falling in love with the breed.
    I tried insurance with the first doggy 8 years ago but back then they were horrible and wouldn't cover so much so I ended it. I've heard pet insurance has gotten so much better and there are so many more options as well. I'm wondering if Trupanion is still as good as people have said in these earlier posts.
    It's hit or miss. Some like myself have had a great experience and others have had horrible experiences with them.
    Bulldogs are like potato chips. You just can't stop with one.

  8. #31
    Bully Bootie Duty Become a 4 Paw Member bengardradar's Avatar
    Real Name
    AMY
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Exira IA
    Posts
    190
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Radar
    Likes (Received)
    205

    Default Re: info on pet insurance

    I love trup anion I signed radar up when he was 12 weeks at 9 months we started treating his allergies I pay 61 a month 250 deductible once I hit the deductible they pay me 30 more a month then I pay and it usually back in my bank account in 2/3 days bit that may be because it happens monthly about the same time. Now with radar needing his palate shortened, nares widened and a torn acl my vet faxed in the pre approval form a couple of hours later I got a call and email that both were pre-approved and we met our deductible on the acl with his x-rays and meds to get us through till surgery. I have to pay what I am sure is going to be a hefty bill up front but knowing we got it pre approved helps. I know that wont/can't happen every time. I would recommend trupanion to anyone
    Our Motto: Better Free on 3 then sore on 4

  9. #32
    Newbie BustersOwner's Avatar
    Real Name
    Brian
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Chicago Burbs
    Posts
    11
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Buster
    Likes (Received)
    10

    Default Re: info on pet insurance

    Yeah he is going to need to have the pallet surgery as well as get neutered at the same time. If anything I can cancel it after awhile. Is there a time frame in their contract?

  10. #33
    Bully Bootie Duty Become a 4 Paw Member bengardradar's Avatar
    Real Name
    AMY
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Exira IA
    Posts
    190
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Radar
    Likes (Received)
    205

    Default Re: info on pet insurance

    Quote Originally Posted by BustersOwner View Post
    Yeah he is going to need to have the pallet surgery as well as get neutered at the same time. If anything I can cancel it after awhile. Is there a time frame in their contract?
    There isn't a time frame that I know of -- I seriously thought about cancelling it after the free 30 day trial, I am so glad that I kept it

  11. #34
    The New Casper Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Marine91's Avatar
    Real Name
    Todd
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Blips and Chitz
    Posts
    8,480
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harlea
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2586

    Default Re: info on pet insurance

    Quote Originally Posted by BustersOwner View Post
    Yeah he is going to need to have the pallet surgery as well as get neutered at the same time. If anything I can cancel it after awhile. Is there a time frame in their contract?
    There is no time frame to cancel. You can do that at anytime. However, there is a waiting period of 30 days before the coverage kicks in and if there is any mention of him needing the pallet surgery in his records when it come time to do the surgery they will most likely consider it pre-existing and not cover it. Same goes for any mentioned concerns or questions that get documented.
    Bulldogs are like potato chips. You just can't stop with one.

  12. #35
    Newbie BustersOwner's Avatar
    Real Name
    Brian
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Chicago Burbs
    Posts
    11
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Buster
    Likes (Received)
    10

    Default Re: info on pet insurance

    When I go to see the vet next week I'll ask if she recorded anything down. I have become close with that animal hospital after having to bring in my last bullie so much.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •