update on Sparkles!

catorres8988

Jun 3, 2010
Tyler, Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Spike & Sparkles
Well I took Sparkles to her normal vet dr for a checkup...he said he got the paperwork from the ER. He put her on some Temaril-P tablets (2 tabs twice for 3 days then twice daily for 3 days then stop) & some topical spray called Genesis that im suppose to spray on her twice daily. He said that if she still has whelps/bumps on her skin by friday to give him a call back and we are going to have to start ruling things out. He said it could be something outside in the yard. He doesnt think its her food. He said unfortunately there isn't allergy testing for dogs :*(
so hopefully it was just something she got into and nothing major...the only thing that worries me is that she still has the allery whelps/bumps...

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
I was told by a couple vets there are allergy tests out there. However they are very very expensive. So if it rarely happens, they don't suggest doing it. I hope that you don't have to worry about it ever again and I am glad Sparkles is doing much better.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Awesome that she's feeling better. Hopefully you'll figure out what caused the reaction soon.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
There is allergy tests. I had this done with my Sarah. I think it was about $250 but not sure it was sooooo long ago. I thought it was well worth it to find out what the allergy is and go from there instead of constantly letting her be in misery.

But I don't think you need the tests until it is an ongoing issue. If everything clears up, then no need. But you don't want to go for too long. I am sooooo glad you took her in right away. you are a great mommie :heart:

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
It is such a long process to rule things out and find what is going on, in the end it is worth it, but it just takes so long. I hope you find out quickly, did you change laundry soap, fabric softner any thing like that for her bedding??

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.