Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
Merry X'mas to all of you EBN'ers.

I am exploring the glucosamine/chondroitin area and came accross this brand from Costco. Two bottles @ 180 for a total count of 360 for $100. Do you have good results?, is there a better brand that you recommend?

:detective:

cosequin.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=7457]Blueberrys Mom[/MENTION] uses these

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
My vet recommended the Cosequin because she said she trusts the company that makes it and uses it for her own dogs.
Since supplements aren't regulated by the FDA, I trust her opinion.

As far as results, my bullies are only 2 and 1 year and 4 months old. So I'm using it more as a preventative and can't comment on whether or not it's working. But I've heard and read
nothing but good things about it.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I agree this is a great Joint Supplement, comparable and the only other one I would recommend besides what I use (NuJoint).

The biggest thing to watch for in joint supplements is additives, as you can see by the label this one doesn't add anything extra. It's just the good stuff. Many joint supplements have quite a bit of additives, including starch and..... SUGAR! Sometimes the additives can sound good too (like blueberrys and such) but these are just not needed and are only used as a filler in the product to make it cheaper. Most canines and felines that need joint supplements are older seniors, so the added sugar and stuff in those cheap knock-offs make ZERO sense. Anything to sell and make a buck I suppose.

OP
harveyspecter

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
I agree this is a great Joint Supplement, comparable and the only other one I would recommend besides what I use (NuJoint).

The biggest thing to watch for in joint supplements is additives, as you can see by the label this one doesn't add anything extra. It's just the good stuff. Many joint supplements have quite a bit of additives, including starch and..... SUGAR! Sometimes the additives can sound good too (like blueberrys and such) but these are just not needed and are only used as a filler in the product to make it cheaper. Most canines and felines that need joint supplements are older seniors, so the added sugar and stuff in those cheap knock-offs make ZERO sense. Anything to sell and make a buck I suppose.

:goodpost:thank you.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"

[MENTION=2]bullmama[/MENTION] - can the regular nuvet be given in combination with nujoint? i tried looking everywhere on their site for that answer, but couldn't find anything.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=2]bullmama[/MENTION] - can the regular nuvet be given in combination with nujoint? i tried looking everywhere on their site for that answer, but couldn't find anything.

Absolutely! Nuvet is more of a mineral rich health and dietary supplement and nujoint is specific to joints.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Absolutely! Nuvet is more of a mineral rich health and dietary supplement and nujoint is specific to joints.

Thank you! I got the nuvet in a few days ago, but waiting for Tyson's stomach to get back to normal before giving it to him. I'll get the nujoint ordered now, he's starting to have a hard time getting up, and limps from time to time.... but I know its age more than likely, and want to get him on something. He was taking Glyco Flex Soft Chews, they seemed to do well. But we stopped everything when he had the bad allergy/yeast breakout. Just trying to decide on putting him back on the Glyco or try the Nujoint.

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
I give Raven these as a preventative since I started seeing her going rather slow up the stairs. Once I started them I noticed she does a lot better. They work pretty well if you ask me.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you! I got the nuvet in a few days ago, but waiting for Tyson's stomach to get back to normal before giving it to him. I'll get the nujoint ordered now, he's starting to have a hard time getting up, and limps from time to time.... but I know its age more than likely, and want to get him on something. He was taking Glyco Flex Soft Chews, they seemed to do well. But we stopped everything when he had the bad allergy/yeast breakout. Just trying to decide on putting him back on the Glyco or try the Nujoint.

I'll look up those chews and see what they are!

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Thanks [MENTION=2]bullmama[/MENTION] - I looked over it quickly and realized it does have other things added in like you mentioned previously in a thread. I ordered the nujoint ds just now, since it a double the strength of the nujoint. I will start him on 1 1/2 maybe once it arrives, and start him on the nuvet. I hope he does well on them. I'm trying to be safe rather than sorry, so I'm waiting for his belly to heal up.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks [MENTION=2]bullmama[/MENTION] - I looked over it quickly and realized it does have other things added in like you mentioned previously in a thread. I ordered the nujoint ds just now, since it a double the strength of the nujoint. I will start him on 1 1/2 maybe once it arrives, and start him on the nuvet. I hope he does well on them. I'm trying to be safe rather than sorry, so I'm waiting for his belly to heal up.

Yep I was just fishing around. Also their ingredients are not all sourced in the USA- so I would steer clear of those. Took a bit to find out if they were or not. Of course their blog says why it's not an issue but I disagree!

How Can I Trust Products with Ingredients from Other Countries? | VetriScience Blog

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.