Possible conjunctivitis

dfmccitroen

Oct 14, 2014
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergie
I have had my bulldog at the vets and she has been diagnosed with conjunctivitis, she is 2 years old.
She is constantly blinking and her eye is wet, not swallon and not gunky! and she does not seem in pain just irritated, she has been on her second different type of medication for 4 days but it does not seem to be getting any better, just wondered if any1 has had any issues like this with their bully and what they did to cure it?
Posted a pic below of her just in general hope u all like her.
6425307443831f63f03e921ca6275810.jpg

keystnlabs

Dec 27, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Agatha Gump
What a sweetie she is. Good luck with the eye problems as we've had no issues with the eyes...save a cherry eye @ 6 months. Love the name "Fergie" - my married name is Ferguson.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
what a sweety.... have they checked her eye lashes to see if any of them are inverted?

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Hmm… have they checked her for entropion?!! That is when the eyelashes irritate the eye and cause ulcers...

OP
dfmccitroen

dfmccitroen

Oct 14, 2014
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergie
Hi yes her lashes are fine apparently, I have rung my vet and I am now set to be on my 3rd different type of drops which is not very convincing to b honest, my vet has always been spot on with other issues but now I'm starting to wonder!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Oh look at her all snug as a bug :luv:

Eyes can be tricky, you may want to seek help from a vet opthomologist. Have you tried giving her benedryl for the wet eyes ? Seems like she would be gunky if she had conjunctivitis. She may have a single lash poking her eye too. Did they do a dye test in her eye and take a really good look?

OP
dfmccitroen

dfmccitroen

Oct 14, 2014
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergie
Hi
Yes I was there whilst a dye test was taken it showed no signs of an ulcer, which she has had before in the same eye, I thought maybe something might be stuck in her eye, or even a scratched cornea but I think the dye would have shown that up. I'll have to see how she goes over the next week and take it from there.

Christie H

May 29, 2014
Centerton, Arkansas, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wheezie Kay Wigglebottom and Zakk Abbott Wylde
Take her to an opthomologist .We had entropion surgery done twice on our male and it didn't help all the way so off to the eye doctor we went and he had eyelashes on the inside of his lid under some tissue and he cut them out and its better but he may need to go back still.

OP
dfmccitroen

dfmccitroen

Oct 14, 2014
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergie
We live in preston Lancashire does anybody know of any opthomologists in this area

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
My bully breeder lives near there.
Near bury. She travels to a good vet.
Do you want me to put you in contact with her

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
dfmccitroen

dfmccitroen

Oct 14, 2014
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergie
I have been to the vets again and I have had some drops given to me that numb the eye,
He has given me these and said if the blinking stops after use then it is more than likely that she will need entropium surgery, does any1 know the estimated cost of this surgery?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I have been to the vets again and I have had some drops given to me that numb the eye,
He has given me these and said if the blinking stops after use then it is more than likely that she will need entropium surgery, does any1 know the estimated cost of this surgery?

that is what I was thinking... I have n experience with the procedure, but othere here have and will chime in

OP
dfmccitroen

dfmccitroen

Oct 14, 2014
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergie
I'd be very wary of having her put under as I have read there is a higher risk of the dog not coming round due to small air ways, any thoughts on that guys??

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.