Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Hips click

  1. #1
    Newbie
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    1
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maxx
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Hips click

    Maxx is 6 months old and his hips click when he walks or runs.. Is this normal and just a growing issue, he weighs 54 lbs

  2. #2
    The Ultimate Sourmug nycbullymama's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Posts
    5,226
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    1414

    Default Re: Hips click

    It's not normal, but it's pretty common in bulldogs. See a vet, but they'll probably tell you it's Hip Dysplasia and tell you to take an x-ray to confirm/rule out.


  3. #3
    Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Posts
    11,226
    Bulldog(s) Names
    7
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2232

    Default Re: Hips click

    It's not normal, next time you have a vet appointment tell them about it and see what they say. to EBN!!

  4. #4
    Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    brutus77's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Long Island NY
    Posts
    6,962
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)
    2795

    Default Re: Hips click

    He is 6mos old and weighs 54lbs? Can you post a Pic of Maxximus? That sounds like alot for his age and could be contibuting to stress on his hips. My boys are 2 and 3 yrs old and each weigh 62lbs.
    My smooshy face boy!

  5. #5
    I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried! Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    KMARINO's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Bradenton Fl.
    Posts
    7,294
    Bulldog(s) Names
    VEGAS
    Likes (Received)
    181

    Default Re: Hips click

    I had the same EXACT problem with Vegas, his hip would "click" when he just simply walked across the room. Vegas was about 4.6 years old. I took him to the vet, no Hip Dysplasia due to having X-rays done. Arthritis in the hip was the diagnoses. I ordered him NuJoint Plus off their site. Vegas has been taking it almost 2 years now, and what a huge difference it has made. I noticed a difference probably within 5-6 weeks. It is a natural anti-inflammatory and it is Glucosamine. I am NOT saying to just order this, please go to the vet. But I am saying I had the same problem with my bully and I swear by NuJoint Plus!! I hope everything works out for the best!

    P.S. Vegas will be 6 in March and has maintained 57-58 lbs for over 3 years now.

  6. #6
    The Ultimate Sourmug nycbullymama's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Posts
    5,226
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    1414

    Default Re: Hips click

    Quote Originally Posted by KMARINO View Post
    I had the same EXACT problem with Vegas, his hip would "click" when he just simply walked across the room. Vegas was about 4.6 years old. I took him to the vet, no Hip Dysplasia due to having X-rays done. Arthritis in the hip was the diagnoses. I ordered him NuJoint Plus off their site. Vegas has been taking it almost 2 years now, and what a huge difference it has made. I noticed a difference probably within 5-6 weeks. It is a natural anti-inflammatory and it is Glucosamine. I am NOT saying to just order this, please go to the vet. But I am saying I had the same problem with my bully and I swear by NuJoint Plus!! I hope everything works out for the best!

    P.S. Vegas will be 6 in March and has maintained 57-58 lbs for over 3 years now.
    So what did the vet say was the cause of the arthritis?

    I use Cosequin DS, but glad to hear that NuJoint works.


  7. #7
    I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried! Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    KMARINO's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Bradenton Fl.
    Posts
    7,294
    Bulldog(s) Names
    VEGAS
    Likes (Received)
    181

    Default Re: Hips click

    Quote Originally Posted by Blueberrys Mom View Post
    So what did the vet say was the cause of the arthritis?

    I use Cosequin DS, but glad to hear that NuJoint works.
    Well with nothing showing up on X-ray, he just simply blamed in on arthritis. On this site I read rave reviews about the NuJoint and decided to try it. Made a huge difference. Will never be without.

  8. #8
    The New Casper Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Marine91's Avatar
    Real Name
    Todd
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Blips and Chitz
    Posts
    8,480
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harlea
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2586

    Default Re: Hips click

    Harlea's hips pop when she trots. We had xrays done and nothing pointed to HD. I would still have an xray done just to be safe and go fr there.
    Bulldogs are like potato chips. You just can't stop with one.

  9. #9
    The Ultimate Sourmug nycbullymama's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Posts
    5,226
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    1414

    Default Re: Hips click

    71.6% of all Bulldogs tested by OFA (Orthopedic Foundation for Animals) have Hip Dysplasia. That's a high number. @Maxximus speak with your vet about the clicking and get an x-ray. It's best to find out sooner rather than later.


  10. #10
    Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    RiiSi's Avatar
    Real Name
    Riikka
    Country
    Finland
    Location
    Sysmä
    Posts
    4,709
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Voitto, Taisto, Kylli and Angel-Usko
    Likes (Received)
    2626

    Default Re: Hips click

    Trip to the vet is in order. There can ne hipdysplasia, arthritis or they can just be a little loose. Anyway it's not normal and 54lbs for a six months old normal size bully is quite a lot too. What ever the out come, joint supplements and fish oil are very good reliefs.

  11. #11
    EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    ddnene's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Posts
    12,738
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)
    5600

    Default Re: Hips click

    Quote Originally Posted by KMARINO View Post
    Well with nothing showing up on X-ray, he just simply blamed in on arthritis. On this site I read rave reviews about the NuJoint and decided to try it. Made a huge difference. Will never be without.
    NuJoint has really helped Roxie too...

    "What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Remove Ads

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •