Hips click

Maxximus

Dec 16, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Maxx
Maxx is 6 months old and his hips click when he walks or runs.. Is this normal and just a growing issue, he weighs 54 lbs

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
It's not normal, but it's pretty common in bulldogs. See a vet, but they'll probably tell you it's Hip Dysplasia and tell you to take an x-ray to confirm/rule out.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
It's not normal, next time you have a vet appointment tell them about it and see what they say. :welcome: to EBN!!

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
He is 6mos old and weighs 54lbs? Can you post a Pic of Maxximus? That sounds like alot for his age and could be contibuting to stress on his hips. My boys are 2 and 3 yrs old and each weigh 62lbs.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I had the same EXACT problem with Vegas, his hip would "click" when he just simply walked across the room. Vegas was about 4.6 years old. I took him to the vet, no Hip Dysplasia due to having X-rays done. Arthritis in the hip was the diagnoses. I ordered him NuJoint Plus off their site. Vegas has been taking it almost 2 years now, and what a huge difference it has made. I noticed a difference probably within 5-6 weeks. It is a natural anti-inflammatory and it is Glucosamine. I am NOT saying to just order this, please go to the vet. But I am saying I had the same problem with my bully and I swear by NuJoint Plus!! I hope everything works out for the best!

P.S. Vegas will be 6 in March and has maintained 57-58 lbs for over 3 years now.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
I had the same EXACT problem with Vegas, his hip would "click" when he just simply walked across the room. Vegas was about 4.6 years old. I took him to the vet, no Hip Dysplasia due to having X-rays done. Arthritis in the hip was the diagnoses. I ordered him NuJoint Plus off their site. Vegas has been taking it almost 2 years now, and what a huge difference it has made. I noticed a difference probably within 5-6 weeks. It is a natural anti-inflammatory and it is Glucosamine. I am NOT saying to just order this, please go to the vet. But I am saying I had the same problem with my bully and I swear by NuJoint Plus!! I hope everything works out for the best!

P.S. Vegas will be 6 in March and has maintained 57-58 lbs for over 3 years now.

So what did the vet say was the cause of the arthritis?

I use Cosequin DS, but glad to hear that NuJoint works.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
So what did the vet say was the cause of the arthritis?

I use Cosequin DS, but glad to hear that NuJoint works.

Well with nothing showing up on X-ray, he just simply blamed in on arthritis. On this site I read rave reviews about the NuJoint and decided to try it. Made a huge difference. Will never be without.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Harlea's hips pop when she trots. We had xrays done and nothing pointed to HD. I would still have an xray done just to be safe and go fr there.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
71.6% of all Bulldogs tested by OFA (Orthopedic Foundation for Animals) have Hip Dysplasia. That's a high number. [MENTION=13365]Maxximus[/MENTION] speak with your vet about the clicking and get an x-ray. It's best to find out sooner rather than later.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Trip to the vet is in order. There can ne hipdysplasia, arthritis or they can just be a little loose. Anyway it's not normal and 54lbs for a six months old normal size bully is quite a lot too. What ever the out come, joint supplements and fish oil are very good reliefs.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Well with nothing showing up on X-ray, he just simply blamed in on arthritis. On this site I read rave reviews about the NuJoint and decided to try it. Made a huge difference. Will never be without.

NuJoint has really helped Roxie too...

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.