TyTysmom

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
oh no... sending prayers and positive thoughts your way.

is there anything they can do differently this time? knowing what happened last time he had surgery..

They said all they can do is like a Benadryl type to keep inflammation down as much as possible - bc that's what happened last time - his airway basically closed due to the tube & being irritated. I am fighting with myself on whether I'm doing the right thing. I feel so helpless.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Oh honey, I'm so sorry to hear this. You are doing the right thing, if he continues this way he may become septic or become completely blocked. The good news is they know where to look first, and are going to take precautions to ensure he's going to get through it. Sending a ton of hugs and a shoulder to cry on.

OP
TyTysmom

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Oh honey, I'm so sorry to hear this. You are doing the right thing, if he continues this way he may become septic or become completely blocked. The good news is they know where to look first, and are going to take precautions to ensure he's going to get through it. Sending a ton of hugs and a shoulder to cry on.

Thank you. I will always do what's best for him even if it kills me. I know for some it may seem like a simple surgery but for us it's not. For us it's a reminder of almost losing him. I never thought I'd have to feel that again. Can't thank you enough for the reassurance - I'm putting him in Gods hands. Bc God knows how much he means to me. He's my everything, my big baby. :'(

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Surgery is very scary for our babies. Especially when there's a history.

Blue's been under three times and I refuse to put him under again unless it's an emergency. Wellie went under once. Well, they're supposed to come out of anesthesia slowly.. Wellie woke up instantly and bolted. He ripped his catheter, and bit down so hard, his palate started bleeding (he had surgery on his palate!!). They had to chase him down. Lucky for us (or I should say him), there wasn't severe swelling after that incident.

We all understand how you feel and we're here for you. Start a thread Monday morning after you take him in and keep us updated. That's what I did every time one of mine had to go in for surgery. Kept me sane.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=13133]TyTysmom[/MENTION] I am so sorry to hear that Ty is going to have surgery. You know in your heart that it is the right thing-the only thing that you can do for him towards saving his life. If you do not give him this chance-he will become septic and not make it. I know I can say it, though it is hard for everyone to do-you just have to make up your mind that he WILL make it, and you do not have a choice-you are doing what is needed. I am sure that you have told-or given this Dr. his record from the last surgery, so that they can be prepared for a situation,if one should happen. Everyone feels so helpless when their kids(fur or skin)are dealing with something that we have no control over. You are certainly not alone, everyone on EBN is here to worry,pray for you and Ty-and give you the most support that can be given. Most of us KNOW how scared you are,we have been there,too. Not many people have ever understood over the years,how I have felt about my animals-but all who are members here do.That is why we are all here and can actually relate and support one another. We all will be praying for and with you and Ty.Please keep us posted-we will be with you.:pray::pray::grouphug::heartsign:

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
[MENTION=13133]TyTysmom[/MENTION], I am so sorry to hear that Tyson needs surgery. I will pray all day that all goes well. Please update when you can.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
senidng lots of prayers and positive thoughts to you both today! :pray:

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
Praying for Tyson. I Pray he is going to be alright. Sweet Boy I Love You. We are all waiting on how he is doing. Give Tyson Lots Of Hugs and Kisses from Me and Elmo

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.