2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
@brutus77 @bullmama @2BullyMama @Blueberrys Mom @Manydogs

I wanted to show you guys the second set of xrays done on Tyson after the first sock came out. They are different angels, obvs. but you tell me if you see anything that looks odd. BC I know I'm not crazy, and I've had 5 other ppl tell me they see the same thing. And these were confirmed by a "radiologist" that there was nothing foreign present. Take a look for yourself. (PS the more obvs. black is gas) Look at his stomach.
View attachment 82327View attachment 82328

Now, I was told that since this "black area" couldn't be seen in both images, it was nothing. And I should have photographed the 2nd sock when it came out, bc I swear to you, it looked just like it does in photo #2.

So, the black spot in second pic is'normal' ??

OP
TyTysmom

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] - the black spot in 2nd pic that is further down is "gas" so they said. The black bigger area up top (right) is what I think was the 2nd sock inside his belly. The same shape it's in there kinda balled with a little of front part of sock out is exactly how it looked when he vomited it.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
@2BullyMama - the black spot in 2nd pic that is further down is "gas" so they said. The black bigger area up top (right) is what I think was the 2nd sock inside his belly. The same shape it's in there kinda balled with a little of front part of sock out is exactly how it looked when he vomited it.

Sorry, I was not clear... That is what I meant, up top it is more gray kind of shadow... I totally get what you are seeing

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Yes I see it too, I would have thought they would have noted that area as suspicious. But then again, I don't think many other dog breeds try to swallow two socks! Bulldogs will eat anything, I swear!

I once went to the vet and met another bulldog who was in for surgery. They swallowed a whole Kong toy!!! It was the smaller one- but still!!! That showed up in the X-rays and was quite obvious because of it's density. I went home and threw out any toys that were that size or smaller that day. The vet said it happens all the time with small kongs, people don't throw them out when their puppy grows up. I still had one still too! :blink:

OP
TyTysmom

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Yes I see it too, I would have thought they would have noted that area as suspicious. But then again, I don't think many other dog breeds try to swallow two socks! Bulldogs will eat anything, I swear!

I once went to the vet and met another bulldog who was in for surgery. They swallowed a whole Kong toy!!! It was the smaller one- but still!!! That showed up in the X-rays and was quite obvious because of it's density. I went home and threw out any toys that were that size or smaller that day. The vet said it happens all the time with small kongs, people don't throw them out when their puppy grows up. I still had one still too! :blink:

Wow, that is crazy! I worry about him choking on food sometimes, but if they can get socks & a kong down, sheesh! Well, I just wanted to share the xrays bc I know the more we learn, the better equipped we are to help out babies. Tyson is still not 100%, I wonder how many days its gonna take for him to heal up. We're having to kinda make him drink water, which I hate bc usually he loves water, and drinks all the time. :(

DieselsMom

Nov 18, 2014
Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel
I don't know how a professional doesn't see what to this untrained eye looks rather obvious! I think I'd be asking for some money back at the very least! Wow!

Poor Tyson. I know it takes me a few days to recover after being sick so hopefully that's all that he needs. Here's hoping he feels better soon, which of course will make you feel better too!

OP
TyTysmom

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
I don't know how a professional doesn't see what to this untrained eye looks rather obvious! I think I'd be asking for some money back at the very least! Wow!

Poor Tyson. I know it takes me a few days to recover after being sick so hopefully that's all that he needs. Here's hoping he feels better soon, which of course will make you feel better too!

Thank you! I agree, I questioned the xray, but I guess they will always try to cover themselves & other doctors. I'm just glad I kept my eye on him and pursued that he was still not right. Thank God he got the socks up himself, but it tore up his poor belly. Well, we've cancelled are NYE plans and are staying in with our baby tonight. I'm glad that Diesel is feeling better! That's wonderful news! Yes, I want to feel better too. I suffer when he suffers. :blah:

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Well, we've cancelled are NYE plans and are staying in with our baby tonight. :blah:

You will have a better time with your baby... hope he is all better real soon

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
After all this, you could never leave poor Tyson alone on New Year's Eve! I sure hope he's feeling better. The sad thing is, these guys don't learn from their mistakes. He'd likely eat another sock if given the chance. :( Sometimes I think dogs train us more than we train them!

OP
TyTysmom

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
After all this, you could never leave poor Tyson alone on New Year's Eve! I sure hope he's feeling better. The sad thing is, these guys don't learn from their mistakes. He'd likely eat another sock if given the chance. :( Sometimes I think dogs train us more than we train them!

No kidding! I haven't left the house for weeks (besides for work daily) - but I check on him all day long through our cameras. I hope he starts coming around soon! And you are 100% correct, they train us, for sure. I'm glad he finally trained my husband to not leave his socks on the floor!!!! I've had no luck with that for years.

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
No kidding! I haven't left the house for weeks (besides for work daily) - but I check on him all day long through our cameras. I hope he starts coming around soon! And you are 100% correct, they train us, for sure. I'm glad he finally trained my husband to not leave his socks on the floor!!!! I've had no luck with that for years.

What an expensive, scary lesson!

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Honestly, I can't really comment on seeing anything in the x-ray since I don't know how to read one. But I would never take him back to this place
and I would file a complaint. There needs to be some accountability there.

OP
TyTysmom

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
@bullmama @2BullyMama @Blueberrys Mom @Manydogs [MENTION=9370]brutus77[/MENTION]
I'm back & with not so good news. Tyson had not been getting better so we decided to do the barium swallow. It showed there is still something in his stomach. We don't know what, but possibly another sock. He's scheduled for surgery Monday morning. I am broken & completely sick. It was just this past August that we almost lost him after he went into respitory attack from surgery - this time it's at his vet who is very experienced with bullies but that doesn't help me. I don't know what else to do, I have to do what's in his best interest & that's get whatever it is out. But I'd be lying if I said I haven't cried all day, and am scared more than I've ever been in my life. He has to get through this. He has too, I need him. He is my heart.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
@bullmama @2BullyMama @Blueberrys Mom @Manydogs -
I'm back & with not so good news. Tyson had not been getting better so we decided to do the barium swallow. It showed there is still something in his stomach. We don't know what, but possibly another sock. He's scheduled for surgery Monday morning. I am broken & completely sick. It was just this past August that we almost lost him after he went into respitory attack from surgery - this time it's at his vet who is very experienced with bullies but that doesn't help me. I don't know what else to do, I have to do what's in his best interest & that's get whatever it is out. But I'd be lying if I said I haven't cried all day, and am scared more than I've ever been in my life. He has to get through this. He has too, I need him. He is my heart.

Oh no.... i was so praying that would not be the case.... sending you LOTS of hugs, prayers and positive thoughts. we are all here for you - please keep us posted on Monday and we will be here to help you through the day

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
oh no... sending prayers and positive thoughts your way.

is there anything they can do differently this time? knowing what happened last time he had surgery..

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.