TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
@bullmama @2BullyMama @brutus77 @Manydogs

Going to pick up Tyson at 5pm. She said she saw improvement from this mornings xrays & ultrasound with the meds & fluids, his intestines were contracting a little better. He's being sent home with a motility drug to help things keep moving, and Prilosec (Omeprazole) for the acids. We have to monitor (like we have been) over the next few days, to see if we notice improvement. She said she was able to see his stomach alot better on 2nd round, and didn't see much in there. They are giving us some bland food too, not sure about that, but I'll see what it is when I pick him up.

I really hope this is it. I can definitely see how a stomach can over produce acids to help break down something foreign (those socks), but couldn't. It must have really messed up his whole stomach. Poor guy, she said he's getting tired of being there, which means he's prob fed up of being poked & messed with. My poor baby. I can't wait for him to feel better. Just seems like we've had to go backwards to start moving forward. No scope or barium has been done yet, and she said she doesn't feel the need to just yet, unless he doesn't improve within a few days.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
@bullmama @2BullyMama @brutus77 @Manydogs

Going to pick up Tyson at 5pm. She said she saw improvement from this mornings xrays & ultrasound with the meds & fluids, his intestines were contracting a little better. He's being sent home with a motility drug to help things keep moving, and Prilosec (Omeprazole) for the acids. We have to monitor (like we have been) over the next few days, to see if we notice improvement. She said she was able to see his stomach alot better on 2nd round, and didn't see much in there. They are giving us some bland food too, not sure about that, but I'll see what it is when I pick him up.

I really hope this is it. I can definitely see how a stomach can over produce acids to help break down something foreign (those socks), but couldn't. It must have really messed up his whole stomach. Poor guy, she said he's getting tired of being there, which means he's prob fed up of being poked & messed with. My poor baby. I can't wait for him to feel better. Just seems like we've had to go backwards to start moving forward. No scope or barium has been done yet, and she said she doesn't feel the need to just yet, unless he doesn't improve within a few days.

Good luck... Give him big hugs and prayers he is all better

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
Sending Prayers to You Precious Tyson. Love You Tyson, Get Well Bully Baby, We are all Praying for your Speedy Recovery.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Hoping you feel a whole lot better in the next couple of days, Tyson! I will still be sending prayers for you :pray:.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Sounds to me like he is on the mend. Everything sounds reasonable, too much acid trying to get rid of the socks. Now you know you have a sock monster on your hands! Welcome to the club! Ugh....

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Once you have an EBD, "sock it to me!" takes on a whole new meaning, and it's serious. Keep on improving, Ty!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
How did Ty do during the night-and has he improved? [MENTION=13133]TyTysmom[/MENTION] :pray:

OP
TyTysmom

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
How did Ty do during the night-and has he improved? @TyTysmom :pray:

Thanks for the follow up :) he's doing okay. He did poop last night, which is great sign! I can tell he's still a little under, and seems tired... but doc did say it would take a few days for everything to start going back to normal. He's getting extra loving right now, still on the bland food. So hoping & praying :pray2: that he's a little more himself by the end of the week. I hate when things are kinda still in limbo. But I know you have to give things time to heal & rest, and let the meds start working. I need to get him back on his joint suppl too, bc he's taking a while longer to get up... poor guy. Will keep you updated (hopefully with great news from now on (please o please)

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Glad to hear he had a good night. Just imagine what an uproar your guts get in trying to deal with two socks! Stay well, Ty! Go check under everything Mom-no more socks!

OP
TyTysmom

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Glad to hear he had a good night. Just imagine what an uproar your guts get in trying to deal with two socks! Stay well, Ty! Go check under everything Mom-no more socks!

We have totally checked everything. We close all doors when we leave, make sure floors are free and things are out of his reach! Just cannot even risk anything else like this again!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Glad he's doing better, looking forward to hearing he's back to his old self again!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=13133]TyTysmom[/MENTION] Good girl! I do not give any stuffed toys,or anything that could be swallowed. The bullies learned from my sister's dog-who tore them up. Now not taking chances with anything that could be swallowed-though once in awhile they pick up something outside-they are so quick(when they WANT to be!) I had Siberian Huskies years ago, who were notorious for swallowing things,too! We are ever vigilant-but they still can find a way.....:evil::bad:

OP
TyTysmom

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
@TyTysmom Good girl! I do not give any stuffed toys,or anything that could be swallowed. The bullies learned from my sister's dog-who tore them up. Now not taking chances with anything that could be swallowed-though once in awhile they pick up something outside-they are so quick(when they WANT to be!) I had Siberian Huskies years ago, who were notorious for swallowing things,too! We are ever vigilant-but they still can find a way.....:evil::bad:

Yes! They are quick! I've thrown away all his toys, he never played with anything anyway. He's tried to sneak chicken bones on walks (trash days, ugh) but I've always luckily been quick enough to stick my hand in his mouth and pull them out. Funny thing is he was never like this growing up. It wasn't until after his neuter, and after having to change his diet that he started trying to eat things. I need to get him back to where he was before. A tough little marshmallow, and I need to get his weight down a bit. Just for his health. Crazy how one thing can stir up everything & get it all out of whack! I need GOOD NEWS from here on out.

OP
TyTysmom

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Glad he's doing better, looking forward to hearing he's back to his old self again!

Me too [MENTION=2]bullmama[/MENTION] - me too! :pray2: Mama needs some good rest, haven't had much in a while. :fie:

OP
TyTysmom

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
@brutus77 @bullmama @2BullyMama @Blueberrys Mom @Manydogs

I wanted to show you guys the second set of xrays done on Tyson after the first sock came out. They are different angels, obvs. but you tell me if you see anything that looks odd. BC I know I'm not crazy, and I've had 5 other ppl tell me they see the same thing. And these were confirmed by a "radiologist" that there was nothing foreign present. Take a look for yourself. (PS the more obvs. black is gas) Look at his stomach.
2.1 - ABDOMEN_LAT RIGHT.jpg5.1 - ABDOMEN_VD.jpg

Now, I was told that since this "black area" couldn't be seen in both images, it was nothing. And I should have photographed the 2nd sock when it came out, bc I swear to you, it looked just like it does in photo #2.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online