TyTysmom

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
HOLYSHIT! I an with Ellie, i would be so upset, but thang goodness he is doing better and you now know to make sure you watch the sock thief

My exact thoughts when I saw it. I hope he starts to feel better soon. He's still a little out of it. On Monday I'm going to contact the doctor who usually sees him there to ask about the X-rays.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Wow..... Having several obstructions in the past and one surgery, I am thankful the sock came up. Has he eaten? Bland diet is what I would give him right now, now that the sick has surfaced his tummy may feel very empty- which can cause nausea still.

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
I have just read this thread and I'm amazed that they didn't find the sock before he threw it up! I've had dogs throw up some big stuff before, but never had a blockage, so I don't really have any experience or knowledge about swallowed things. But I know it's not uncommon for dogs to eat socks and you'd think they would find it before you incurred a $1,000 bill! I'm so sorry. I hope Ty is feeling good soon!

OP
TyTysmom

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Wow..... Having several obstructions in the past and one surgery, I am thankful the sock came up. Has he eaten? Bland diet is what I would give him right now, now that the sick has surfaced his tummy may feel very empty- which can cause nausea still.

Yep. He's really hungry but we're given him small portions of bland every few hours ... I don't want him to vomit, so small amounts at a time

OP
TyTysmom

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
I have just read this thread and I'm amazed that they didn't find the sock before he threw it up! I've had dogs throw up some big stuff before, but never had a blockage, so I don't really have any experience or knowledge about swallowed things. But I know it's not uncommon for dogs to eat socks and you'd think they would find it before you incurred a $1,000 bill! I'm so sorry. I hope Ty is feeling good soon!

I'm amazed it wasn't caught in 2 X-rays & an ultrasound - I am praying & praying that's all he had in there, and now that it's out, we'll start feeling better. The money to me is just money, while it not cheap, and it stings...I'd probably pay three times as much without blinking if it meant him being okay. I wish I knew how soon he'll start feeling better... Vet said just monitor him, ugh.

OP
TyTysmom

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
@bullmama @2BullyMama @brutus77 @Blueberrys Mom

Just when you think it's over, Tyson just now vomited sock #2!! Holy freakin socks! And there goes the truth, we as owners know our dogs so well - so well that even 3 X-rays, an ultrasound, nothing picked them up - in 2 of those 3 X-rays (me) a person with no medical background saw something in that stomach & pointed it out & specifically asked "what's this". We're not taking him in now, we just did what they did & gave him 20mg of famodine (Pepcid) and we'll withhold food for 4 hrs. I swear I wave my white flag Tyson, I'm spent.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Omg!!! Well that little turd, he's going to give you a heart attack! I guess he wanted to make sure he ate the pair so you didn't he ate a sock when you did the laundry! Oh my!!!! How big are these socks? No wonder poor Tyson has been so sick....

I'm so glad he got the other one up, hopefully there is nothing else and he can start getting better so you can breathe a sigh of relief!

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Umm.... I hate to say this but the hospital sucks. I wouldn't take him there again.
I would let them know what's going on and point out that they kept missing it.

I'd also give them a terrible review on yelp and everywhere else.
hopefully there aren't any more socks and he'll start feeling better soon.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Umm.... I hate to say this but the hospital sucks. I wouldn't take him there again.

Agreed! This could have gone very badly if he didn't get rid of the socks on his own.

OP
TyTysmom

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"

Yeah, I'm pretty upset with them, all that money & they didn't pick up not even one!?! And when I spoke & asked about that specific area I saw, they just said "oh that could be food, or something" what!? Ugh. I swear this boy better not have anything else in him. I'm debating on another X-ray from somewhere else so I Myself can compare & see if I notice a difference. But who knows, I'm tapped on stress, it's been weeks now this guys been sick.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Wow, i am so glad he is getting the socks out. Brutus is my sock and underwear stealer. He is banned from the kids rooms because that is nirvana for him up there. Brutus has always either pooped or vomited them out. You are going to have to be super diligent with the little sock monster from now on. They are supet quick though, just ask [MENTION=8859]Marine91[/MENTION], his Harlea just sucked one up like a hoover a couple of months ago. It is amazing how fast these little tubs can move when there is something they want and know they shouldnt have. As far as the vet hospital, i would let them know just how bad they suck, and let your vet know so they dont refer and move on. Your stressed enough! Thank god tyson is going to be ok

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
OMG! Another sock! Thank GOD he threw it up,too.You read the xray-when they couldn't! They should be paying YOU! I would certainly go back to the place that did the x and sonagram, and give them what for! I would also get the xrays and reports and bring them home. You paid for them and you at least can have them-if something ever happens again(Pray not..) you have a comparison.And start researching for another hosp. now.(just in case..) I am so happy that maybe now your boy will finally be okay! [MENTION=13133]TyTysmom[/MENTION] Because of their ineptness, you could have lost your boy.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Or it could be socks! You do need to ask them were they won their licences to practice veterinary medicine...

OP
TyTysmom

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
OMG! Another sock! Thank GOD he threw it up,too.You read the xray-when they couldn't! They should be paying YOU! I would certainly go back to the place that did the x and sonagram, and give them what for! I would also get the xrays and reports and bring them home. You paid for them and you at least can have them-if something ever happens again(Pray not..) you have a comparison.And start researching for another hosp. now.(just in case..) I am so happy that maybe now your boy will finally be okay! @TyTysmom Because of their ineptness, you could have lost your boy.

Yes, I've already called & asked for all X-rays on disk, and the full report from this so called "radiologist" that I paid an add'l $75 for!!! And yes, I absolutely saw something that looked like a ball (round) but the ER doc said that since he couldn't see it from any other angles it was prob nothing! And guess what!? When he vomited sock #2, it was shaped like a ball! The first one was not, it was stretched & long ways (both were my husbands no show socks) and color black so when it first came up I almost passed out bc I didn't know what it was!

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Yes, I've already called & asked for all X-rays on disk, and the full report from this so called "radiologist" that I paid an add'l $75 for!!! And yes, I absolutely saw something that looked like a ball (round) but the ER doc said that since he couldn't see it from any other angles it was prob nothing! And guess what!? When he vomited sock #2, it was shaped like a ball! The first one was not, it was stretched & long ways (both were my husbands no show socks) and color black so when it first came up I almost passed out bc I didn't know what it was!

Harlea goes for my black no show socks as well. She sucks them up like spaghetti noodles. Lucky for us she pukes them up 2 days to 2 weeks later. Glad your boy got rid of them on his own. BTW.. Which ER vet did you go to so I know to avoid them should I even need and ER Vet and Brittmoore isn't open.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.