My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
Sending Prayers and Positive Thoughts for Tyson. How is he today? Please keep us informed on Your Precious Boy.

OP
TyTysmom

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
@2BullyMama @bullmama @Blueberrys Mom @brutus77 @My Otis

Good Morning, After blood work,ultrasound, and urinalysis - they said he has a UTI, his belly was a tender to touch as well. Now, we took him to another vet, an ER internal medicine vet that treated his prostate issues earlier this year. We love her. She started him on Baytril. She is also doing a more extensive lab culture to make sure there aren't any other bacterial strands the first didn't catch. She said she hopes to have those results back before Christmas. We came home last night, fed him his dinner & gave him his first dose of the Baytril. He slept & rested well. This morning we fed him breakfast, and not even 5 mins after he vomited it all. I called the vet tech this morning, she says chances are its from the antibiotic, and not to be concerned, unless it continues. So here we are. I did research UTI symptoms and found that vomiting, and change in appetite are on the list. So I am hoping & praying that after a day or two more on the meds, he will start to get some relief. Poor guy just looks tired :( I hate seeing him like that.

I can't thank you all enough for all the suggestions, support & prayers. I'm hoping we're on the mends after the meds start working. I want my boy to feel better for Christmas.

Side note: (fyi) We brought her the meds his vet put him on for his allergies & yeast about a month ago. The first thing she was scared of was it possibly being his liver. He was on Ketoconazole 100mg - and she said that med tends to affect the liver. Thank GOD that all his blood work was normal,and his liver looked great. Since she did a quick ultrasound as well, she was able to see that his prostate looked great too, about 1/4 the size it was when he had the infection earlier this year.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
@2BullyMama @bullmama @Blueberrys Mom @brutus77 @My Otis

Good Morning, After blood work,ultrasound, and urinalysis - they said he has a UTI, his belly was a tender to touch as well. Now, we took him to another vet, an ER internal medicine vet that treated his prostate issues earlier this year. We love her. She started him on Baytril. She is also doing a more extensive lab culture to make sure there aren't any other bacterial strands the first didn't catch. She said she hopes to have those results back before Christmas. We came home last night, fed him his dinner & gave him his first dose of the Baytril. He slept & rested well. This morning we fed him breakfast, and not even 5 mins after he vomited it all. I called the vet tech this morning, she says chances are its from the antibiotic, and not to be concerned, unless it continues. So here we are. I did research UTI symptoms and found that vomiting, and change in appetite are on the list. So I am hoping & praying that after a day or two more on the meds, he will start to get some relief. Poor guy just looks tired :( I hate seeing him like that.

I can't thank you all enough for all the suggestions, support & prayers. I'm hoping we're on the mends after the meds start working. I want my boy to feel better for Christmas.

Side note: (fyi) We brought her the meds his vet put him on for his allergies & yeast about a month ago. The first thing she was scared of was it possibly being his liver. He was on Ketoconazole 100mg - and she said that med tends to affect the liver. Thank GOD that all his blood work was normal,and his liver looked great. Since she did a quick ultrasound as well, she was able to see that his prostate looked great too, about 1/4 the size it was when he had the infection earlier this year.

Poor guy... I hope this is getting him on the track to being better. big hugs to you all

OP
TyTysmom

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Poor guy... I hope this is getting him on the track to being better. big hugs to you all

Thank you [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] - us too. Its kinda a bummer with him being sick this close to Christmas, we just want him to get better. Since he vomited this morning, vet said its likely the meds. So we're gonna do half the dose twice a day instead of the full dose once a day. And I'll give him a pepcid today too. I'm keeping my eye on him through our cameras, just wish I didn't have to work so I could be home cuddling with him.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thank you @2BullyMama - us too. Its kinda a bummer with him being sick this close to Christmas, we just want him to get better. Since he vomited this morning, vet said its likely the meds. So we're gonna do half the dose twice a day instead of the full dose once a day. And I'll give him a pepcid today too. I'm keeping my eye on him through our cameras, just wish I didn't have to work so I could be home cuddling with him.

Baytril is strong and rough on the belly so it very well could be that, but stay deligent and keep close eye on him (like you not, right)..... :hug:

OP
TyTysmom

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Baytril is strong and rough on the belly so it very well could be that, but stay deligent and keep close eye on him (like you not, right)..... :hug:
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] - I don't know what you're talking about ;) Thanks, that made me smile for once this week.

photo.png

OP
TyTysmom

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] [MENTION=9370]brutus77[/MENTION] [MENTION=2]bullmama[/MENTION] [MENTION=7457]Blueberrys Mom[/MENTION]

You guys won't believe what happned this morning at 4am, Tyson threw up a sock!!! We were in dead shock, I knew something was going on, and I can't believe 2 X-rays, and an ultrasound both missed it. Well, they said there was an area in question, but nothing alarming! We rushed him to the ER vet right after, they did X-rays again & this time we paid extra to get them sent to a radiologist for review. Bc there was one area still "iffy" - the radiologist report came back clear showing no foreign bodies, but they won't 100% guarantee it. They said the only for sure way is to go in his stomach, and I know you all aren't too familiar with us but we almost lost Tyson in August of this year bc he went it into respitory attack while coming out of anesthesia due to prostate issues :( a moment I never wish to relive - bc they had told us to come say goodbye to him. I'm still tramitized by that experience. I'm not sure what to do next other than monitor him. He's still on bland diet & on Baytril for his UTI. Tyson's never been one to eat things so this is all new to us. For those that have had experiences like this, do they get better after it comes up? Part of me is still nervous, but part of me is so thankful he got it out. I've been losing sleep listening for him at night. They gave him 36mg of famodine & sent us home this morning. He still seems not 100% so I didn't know if it takes a while?

Signed, "stressed on Christmas" lol

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
[MENTION=13133]TyTysmom[/MENTION] -
Look at it this way, it's a christmas gift. The best kind you could of got. He got it out, and he's going to be fine now.

The shot they gave him is going to help settle his stomach and alleviate the acid. Blue got it too after he had to have an endoscopy to get his squeaker out.

I'm confused about the sonogram, you rushed him to the ER vet. ER to me means a veterinary hospital. They have radiologists on staff just for this, to read x-rays, sonograms, etc. Why would you have to pay extra for this???
We also took Blue to a 24/7 vet. hospital and the radiologist was the one that read his x-ray and ultrasound. That's what they're there for!! It's part of the service when you take these images. It should never cost extra.

I'd file a complaint with the hospital over this. It's beyond ridiculous that the fee isn't included in the actual x-ray, sonogram.

I mean had the radiologist read it initially, you may have found out sooner.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
:cursing: I'm seriously lived over this, just fuming :censored:.
Talk about nickel and diming your clients- knowing they'll pay because they love their pets..ugh.. just disgusting. :down:

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Just read this and so happy that Tyson vomited the sock! That was the best gift you could have gotten for Christmas, and only EBN people could understand THAT gift!! Hope he will get back to his perky self very soon!

OP
TyTysmom

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
@TyTysmom -
Look at it this way, it's a christmas gift. The best kind you could of got. He got it out, and he's going to be fine now.

The shot they gave him is going to help settle his stomach and alleviate the acid. Blue got it too after he had to have an endoscopy to get his squeaker out.

I'm confused about the sonogram, you rushed him to the ER vet. ER to me means a veterinary hospital. They have radiologists on staff just for this, to read x-rays, sonograms, etc. Why would you have to pay extra for this???
We also took Blue to a 24/7 vet. hospital and the radiologist was the one that read his x-ray and ultrasound. That's what they're there for!! It's part of the service when you take these images. It should never cost extra.

I'd file a complaint with the hospital over this. It's beyond ridiculous that the fee isn't included in the actual x-ray, sonogram.

I mean had the radiologist read it initially, you may have found out sooner.
[MENTION=7457]Blueberrys Mom[/MENTION] Yes, it sure was a 24/7 ER - the doc on staff looked at them this morning but said if we wanted a radiologist to look at it, we had to pay an add'l $75. We did of course, I mean this whole thing from start already has us over $1k, what's another $75. And you're right... I too was confused about it, but when your in a daze & scared - you just do whatever. The reason it came up is bc I asked if he saw anything else... Meaning another sock, something, anything. That's when the extra $ came in. Ugh. At this point I just want him better, he's still doing the lip smacking thing which is what he did every time he was about to throw up. So I wonder if it's the acids like you said that need to settle. I Appreciate you all here bc it's my only way to vent & have someone understand :( thanks

OP
TyTysmom

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Just read this and so happy that Tyson vomited the sock! That was the best gift you could have gotten for Christmas, and only EBN people could understand THAT gift!! Hope he will get back to his perky self very soon!

Thank you so much, trust me when I saw the sock I ran to pick it up, and felt such relief! Part of me is still scared but that's me. His belly is still making all kinds of noises & he seems tired. Poor guy I bet this is the culprit behind all this crap besides the stupid UTI that decided to join. I don't even know where the heck he got the sock or when!!!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
You can get famitodine in Walmart, or drug store, if you need more.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
HOLYSHIT! I am with Ellie, i would be so upset, but thank goodness he is doing better and you now know to make sure you watch the sock thief

Most Reactions

Members online