Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Regurgitation? Sick? Allergies?

Quote Originally Posted by Manydogs View Post
    Glad to hear he had a good night. Just imagine what an uproar your guts get in trying to deal with two socks! Stay well, Ty! Go check under everything Mom-no more socks!
    We have totally checked everything. We close all doors when we leave, make sure floors are free and things are out of his reach! Just cannot even risk anything else like this again!

My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Glad he's doing better, looking forward to hearing he's back to his old self again!

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

@TyTysmom Good girl! I do not give any stuffed toys,or anything that could be swallowed. The bullies learned from my sister's dog-who tore them up. Now not taking chances with anything that could be swallowed-though once in awhile they pick up something outside-they are so quick(when they WANT to be!) I had Siberian Huskies years ago, who were notorious for swallowing things,too! We are ever vigilant-but they still can find a way.....
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Manydogs View Post
    @TyTysmom Good girl! I do not give any stuffed toys,or anything that could be swallowed. The bullies learned from my sister's dog-who tore them up. Now not taking chances with anything that could be swallowed-though once in awhile they pick up something outside-they are so quick(when they WANT to be!) I had Siberian Huskies years ago, who were notorious for swallowing things,too! We are ever vigilant-but they still can find a way.....
    Yes! They are quick! I've thrown away all his toys, he never played with anything anyway. He's tried to sneak chicken bones on walks (trash days, ugh) but I've always luckily been quick enough to stick my hand in his mouth and pull them out. Funny thing is he was never like this growing up. It wasn't until after his neuter, and after having to change his diet that he started trying to eat things. I need to get him back to where he was before. A tough little marshmallow, and I need to get his weight down a bit. Just for his health. Crazy how one thing can stir up everything & get it all out of whack! I need GOOD NEWS from here on out.

My whole heart, Tyson.

Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by bullmama View Post
    Glad he's doing better, looking forward to hearing he's back to his old self again!
    Me too @bullmama - me too! Mama needs some good rest, haven't had much in a while.

My whole heart, Tyson.

Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

@brutus77 @bullmama @2BullyMama @Blueberrys Mom @Manydogs

I wanted to show you guys the second set of xrays done on Tyson after the first sock came out. They are different angels, obvs. but you tell me if you see anything that looks odd. BC I know I'm not crazy, and I've had 5 other ppl tell me they see the same thing. And these were confirmed by a "radiologist" that there was nothing foreign present. Take a look for yourself. (PS the more obvs. black is gas) Look at his stomach.
    -2-1-abdomen_lat-jpg-5-1-abdomen_vd-jpg

Now, I was told that since this "black area" couldn't be seen in both images, it was nothing. And I should have photographed the 2nd sock when it came out, bc I swear to you, it looked just like it does in photo #2.

My whole heart, Tyson.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TyTysmom View Post
    @brutus77 @bullmama @2BullyMama @Blueberrys Mom @Manydogs

I wanted to show you guys the second set of xrays done on Tyson after the first sock came out. They are different angels, obvs. but you tell me if you see anything that looks odd. BC I know I'm not crazy, and I've had 5 other ppl tell me they see the same thing. And these were confirmed by a "radiologist" that there was nothing foreign present. Take a look for yourself. (PS the more obvs. black is gas) Look at his stomach.
    -2-1-abdomen_lat-jpg-5-1-abdomen_vd-jpg

Now, I was told that since this "black area" couldn't be seen in both images, it was nothing. And I should have photographed the 2nd sock when it came out, bc I swear to you, it looked just like it does in photo #2.
    So, the black spot in second pic is'normal' ??
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

@2BullyMama - the black spot in 2nd pic that is further down is "gas" so they said. The black bigger area up top (right) is what I think was the 2nd sock inside his belly. The same shape it's in there kinda balled with a little of front part of sock out is exactly how it looked when he vomited it.

My whole heart, Tyson.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TyTysmom View Post
    @2BullyMama - the black spot in 2nd pic that is further down is "gas" so they said. The black bigger area up top (right) is what I think was the 2nd sock inside his belly. The same shape it's in there kinda balled with a little of front part of sock out is exactly how it looked when he vomited it.
    Sorry, I was not clear... That is what I meant, up top it is more gray kind of shadow... I totally get what you are seeing
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Regurgitation? Sick? Allergies?

Yes I see it too, I would have thought they would have noted that area as suspicious. But then again, I don't think many other dog breeds try to swallow two socks! Bulldogs will eat anything, I swear!

I once went to the vet and met another bulldog who was in for surgery. They swallowed a whole Kong toy!!! It was the smaller one- but still!!! That showed up in the X-rays and was quite obvious because of it's density. I went home and threw out any toys that were that size or smaller that day. The vet said it happens all the time with small kongs, people don't throw them out when their puppy grows up. I still had one still too!

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by bullmama View Post
    Yes I see it too, I would have thought they would have noted that area as suspicious. But then again, I don't think many other dog breeds try to swallow two socks! Bulldogs will eat anything, I swear!

I once went to the vet and met another bulldog who was in for surgery. They swallowed a whole Kong toy!!! It was the smaller one- but still!!! That showed up in the X-rays and was quite obvious because of it's density. I went home and threw out any toys that were that size or smaller that day. The vet said it happens all the time with small kongs, people don't throw them out when their puppy grows up. I still had one still too!
    Wow, that is crazy! I worry about him choking on food sometimes, but if they can get socks & a kong down, sheesh! Well, I just wanted to share the xrays bc I know the more we learn, the better equipped we are to help out babies. Tyson is still not 100%, I wonder how many days its gonna take for him to heal up. We're having to kinda make him drink water, which I hate bc usually he loves water, and drinks all the time.

My whole heart, Tyson.

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Diesel
    Likes (Received)

I don't know how a professional doesn't see what to this untrained eye looks rather obvious! I think I'd be asking for some money back at the very least! Wow!

Poor Tyson. I know it takes me a few days to recover after being sick so hopefully that's all that he needs. Here's hoping he feels better soon, which of course will make you feel better too!

My sweet Diesel

Mom of 4 kiddos
    Also mom of 3 pups and 2 kitties

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Remove Ads