Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Regurgitation? Sick? Allergies?

Quote Originally Posted by TyTysmom View Post
    @bullmama @2BullyMama - Just got a call from doc. She does not want to do the barium yet, she stated once the barium is done, she loses the ability to scope him. Which is much safer than surgery. She re-did xrays & ultrasound and found that his stomach is full of gas, and his intestines are very inflamed. Also, they aren't contracting the way they should, which she thinks is all the result of the socks being in there, and possible bacteria. She also said he could possibly have a small case of pancreatitis due to it. Her first course will be to get him fluids, bc hes slightly dehydrated, she's also giving him meds via IV to get the inflammation down in his stomach. She said she's having a hard time seeing the stomach due to the gas, so she's going to recheck him in a few hours after the meds have time to work. Can't thank you guys enough for the prayers Will keep you posted as I hear more.
    thaks for the update.... be thinking of you both until he is home and all better
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

Many many prayers for your baby are coming his way .................
    "
    的t came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)

@TyTysmom, I am praying tyson starts to bounce back from this. It sounds like a major irritation due to the socks, so hopefully now that they are gone he can recover. please keep us posted when you can of his progress.
    My smooshy face boy!

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

@bullmama @2BullyMama @brutus77 @Manydogs

Going to pick up Tyson at 5pm. She said she saw improvement from this mornings xrays & ultrasound with the meds & fluids, his intestines were contracting a little better. He's being sent home with a motility drug to help things keep moving, and Prilosec (Omeprazole) for the acids. We have to monitor (like we have been) over the next few days, to see if we notice improvement. She said she was able to see his stomach alot better on 2nd round, and didn't see much in there. They are giving us some bland food too, not sure about that, but I'll see what it is when I pick him up.

I really hope this is it. I can definitely see how a stomach can over produce acids to help break down something foreign (those socks), but couldn't. It must have really messed up his whole stomach. Poor guy, she said he's getting tired of being there, which means he's prob fed up of being poked & messed with. My poor baby. I can't wait for him to feel better. Just seems like we've had to go backwards to start moving forward. No scope or barium has been done yet, and she said she doesn't feel the need to just yet, unless he doesn't improve within a few days.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TyTysmom View Post
    @bullmama @2BullyMama @brutus77 @Manydogs

Going to pick up Tyson at 5pm. She said she saw improvement from this mornings xrays & ultrasound with the meds & fluids, his intestines were contracting a little better. He's being sent home with a motility drug to help things keep moving, and Prilosec (Omeprazole) for the acids. We have to monitor (like we have been) over the next few days, to see if we notice improvement. She said she was able to see his stomach alot better on 2nd round, and didn't see much in there. They are giving us some bland food too, not sure about that, but I'll see what it is when I pick him up.

I really hope this is it. I can definitely see how a stomach can over produce acids to help break down something foreign (those socks), but couldn't. It must have really messed up his whole stomach. Poor guy, she said he's getting tired of being there, which means he's prob fed up of being poked & messed with. My poor baby. I can't wait for him to feel better. Just seems like we've had to go backwards to start moving forward. No scope or barium has been done yet, and she said she doesn't feel the need to just yet, unless he doesn't improve within a few days.
    Good luck... Give him big hugs and prayers he is all better
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Susan Moore
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Elmo
    Likes (Received)

Sending Prayers to You Precious Tyson. Love You Tyson, Get Well Bully Baby, We are all Praying for your Speedy Recovery.

Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Hoping you feel a whole lot better in the next couple of days, Tyson! I will still be sending prayers for you .
    "
    的t came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)

Sounds to me like he is on the mend. Everything sounds reasonable, too much acid trying to get rid of the socks. Now you know you have a sock monster on your hands! Welcome to the club! Ugh....
    My smooshy face boy!

Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Once you have an EBD, "sock it to me!" takes on a whole new meaning, and it's serious. Keep on improving, Ty!
    "

Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

How did Ty do during the night-and has he improved? @TyTysmom
    "

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Manydogs View Post
    How did Ty do during the night-and has he improved? @TyTysmom
    Thanks for the follow up he's doing okay. He did poop last night, which is great sign! I can tell he's still a little under, and seems tired... but doc did say it would take a few days for everything to start going back to normal. He's getting extra loving right now, still on the bland food. So hoping & praying that he's a little more himself by the end of the week. I hate when things are kinda still in limbo. But I know you have to give things time to heal & rest, and let the meds start working. I need to get him back on his joint suppl too, bc he's taking a while longer to get up... poor guy. Will keep you updated (hopefully with great news from now on (please o please)

My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Glad to hear he had a good night. Just imagine what an uproar your guts get in trying to deal with two socks! Stay well, Ty! Go check under everything Mom-no more socks!
    "

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Remove Ads