TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Two nights ago Tyson threw up his food in the middle of the night, a few hours after eating. I cleaned it up, went back to bed. Night after no issues. Last night, again around midnight (he ate around 7pm) he threw up his food again - before I could get up, run over there, he was already eating it again (yuck) - I cleaned what I could, checked him out, and went back to sleep. An hour later, again... he threw up the food. This time I was able to get to it before he ate it! He seemed fine after, wagging his tail and such. He drank some water and laid back down. This morning I fed him less than his normal breakfast... around 6am, then a few hours ago around 10am. He threw up the food.

I have no idea what's going on, he's thrown up in the years we've had him, but not this much. Another thing I should mention, when he suffering with allergies, the vet had us reduce his food, and limit him to food only, no treats, not extras, just one protein. He was doing fine in the beginning and then started to eat random things. (ie he ate part of a pizza box - cardboard) on black friday - then eating random things outside on his walks. I chalked it up to him being hungry from the reduced food, because prior he had never eaten anything at all (not food related) - last week on our walk, I couldn't pull him back fast enough before he swallowed what looked like a piece of cat poop! This boy has never ever eaten things, so its difference behavior. What do I do??? It comes up really easily, kind of like a burp, then out it comes. We switched him to FROMMs pork & peas about a month ago due to his skin allergies. Could he have a bug? Anything I can do to help? At what point would a vet visit be necessary?

Thanks in advance!

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I he poopin normal? I would be on the look out for obstruction. Any drooling from the mouth? If he is pooping, check it to see if he passes anything. If he is not, call the vet.

OP
TyTysmom

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
I he poopin normal? I would be on the look out for obstruction. Any drooling from the mouth? If he is pooping, check it to see if he passes anything. If he is not, call the vet.

Yes pooping 100% normal, no drooling. I noticed after the cardboard back in Nov he passed a lot of pieces along with throwing up a piece. Other than that & the cat poop - he hasn't eaten anything unusual - we are extra careful about not leaving anything out. I may take him in this afternoon - decided to stay home after checking on him during lunch.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I agree w/Rosalie… he might have eating something. I would contact the vet and let him know what's going on… it's not normal for him to be vomiting so much.

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Yes pooping 100% normal, no drooling. I noticed after the cardboard back in Nov he passed a lot of pieces along with throwing up a piece. Other than that & the cat poop - he hasn't eaten anything unusual - we are extra careful about not leaving anything out. I may take him in this afternoon - decided to stay home after checking on him during lunch.
Good luck and let us know what happens at the vet.

OP
TyTysmom

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
I agree w/Rosalie… he might have eating something. I would contact the vet and let him know what's going on… it's not normal for him to be vomiting so much.

Thanks! I'm going to take him in now then. I appreciate the comments.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Thanks! I'm going to take him in now then. I appreciate the comments.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you!

Sending prayers, keep us posted!!!

OP
TyTysmom

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Sending prayers, keep us posted!!!
@brutus77

Took Tyson to the vet yesterday, they did xrays & found nothing immediately alarming/blocked. There is one little area in his stomach that she said she didn't know what it could be, but possibly just food (since he ate his vomit). So they treated him for gastro, gave him an injection for nausea/vomiting, and gave him another injection (which I looked up, and is basically Pepcid) - She said that if he vomited again within 24 hrs to bring him back & they would have to do the dye test where they keep him for 5 hrs and follow the digestive track.

Good news is that since leaving the vet, no vomiting so far. We did have to withhold food until today. He got just a small bit of boiled chicken & rice this morning (bland), and I'm going to check on him during lunch. He was kinda loopy and tired from the injections so he mostly slept last night. I hope it was just a bug! Thanks for the prayers!

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=13133]TyTysmom[/MENTION] Well that is good news. My guys have both gotten Bacterial Infections in their tummies that have presented with blockage symptoms as well. They did well with all the same meds that Tyson sounds like he is on. I actually keep pepcid in the house now and if they seem to have an upset tummy, I will give one. When my guys have gone through this, I have kept them on the bland diet for at least 5 days. This helps to really settle the tummy and let whatever was going on resolve. I usually give boiled sirlion and rice three times a day and one cup at each serving. I stay away from chicken because Brutus is allergic, but if Tyson has no issues with it then chicken is fine. Good luck and keep me posted on his progress.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
My younger boy Voitto regurgitates his food, if there is any vegetables in it (he eats raw), so it very well can be sort of an allergie to something in his new food. If he is eating bland now he may not be vomiting cause of that. When you give him his kibble and he vomits, well, then you know....

OP
TyTysmom

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
@TyTysmom Well that is good news. My guys have both gotten Bacterial Infections in their tummies that have presented with blockage symptoms as well. They did well with all the same meds that Tyson sounds like he is on. I actually keep pepcid in the house now and if they seem to have an upset tummy, I will give one. When my guys have gone through this, I have kept them on the bland diet for at least 5 days. This helps to really settle the tummy and let whatever was going on resolve. I usually give boiled sirlion and rice three times a day and one cup at each serving. I stay away from chicken because Brutus is allergic, but if Tyson has no issues with it then chicken is fine. Good luck and keep me posted on his progress.

Thank you so much! Yes, I have decided to keep him on the bland diet for a few days at least. I wonder if the cat poop he snuck in on our walk caused it some sort of bacterial issue. The two injections made him really tired, but he slept good, so I hope we are in the clearing stages...and that the little area in his stomach was just food (from the x-ray) -- these little nuggets are so sensitive, and he gets me so nervous when he's sick :( *I'm keeping my eye on his through our security cams - hee hee, my husband thinks I'm nuts* I don't care ;)
photo.jpeg

I also plan to move him to another FROMM protein after this ... he's been on pork & peas for about 2 months, but he's gotten tear stains recently & stains in between his toes (brown). Maybe will switch to Lamb & Lentil to see if they clear up.

OP
TyTysmom

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
My younger boy Voitto regurgitates his food, if there is any vegetables in it (he eats raw), so it very well can be sort of an allergie to something in his new food. If he is eating bland now he may not be vomiting cause of that. When you give him his kibble and he vomits, well, then you know....

Yes, I plan to switch him after this week of bland. He has been on FROMM's pork & peas for only about 2 months, but maybe its something in it that doesn't agree. BC he's also gotten tear stains, and stains in between his toes. Thanks for the suggestion! I love the support here.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thank you so much! Yes, I have decided to keep him on the bland diet for a few days at least. I wonder if the cat poop he snuck in on our walk caused it some sort of bacterial issue. The two injections made him really tired, but he slept good, so I hope we are in the clearing stages...and that the little area in his stomach was just food (from the x-ray) -- these little nuggets are so sensitive, and he gets me so nervous when he's sick :( *I'm keeping my eye on his through our security cams - hee hee, my husband thinks I'm nuts* I don't care ;)
View attachment 81830

I also plan to move him to another FROMM protein after this ... he's been on pork & peas for about 2 months, but he's gotten tear stains recently & stains in between his toes (brown). Maybe will switch to Lamb & Lentil to see if they clear up.

How is your boy doing tonight... any more improvement? agree, switch the Fromm P/P seems to not agree with him and sometimes it does take like 6 weeks to see thee true results/impact of the food

OP
TyTysmom

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
How is your boy doing tonight... any more improvement? agree, switch the Fromm P/P seems to not agree with him and sometimes it does take like 6 weeks to see thee true results/impact of the food

Yes! Thank you! He has not thrown up anymore since the injection at the vet. We're still doing the bland chicken/rice. After a few days of the bland can I just start him on the new FROMMs flavor?

First the allergies, and yeast. Now his stomach, and staining. I'm thankful he's always been so healthy but seems like after he turned 8 yrs old - things started happening. But still thankful we've been able to get through them, love this boy with everything I have!

OP
TyTysmom

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
@TyTysmom Well that is good news. My guys have both gotten Bacterial Infections in their tummies that have presented with blockage symptoms as well. They did well with all the same meds that Tyson sounds like he is on. I actually keep pepcid in the house now and if they seem to have an upset tummy, I will give one. When my guys have gone through this, I have kept them on the bland diet for at least 5 days. This helps to really settle the tummy and let whatever was going on resolve. I usually give boiled sirlion and rice three times a day and one cup at each serving. I stay away from chicken because Brutus is allergic, but if Tyson has no issues with it then chicken is fine. Good luck and keep me posted on his progress.

Rosalie, curious since you said your guys have gotten bacterial infections... we've been on the bland (chicken/rice) since Wednesday morning, and Tyson has not pooped much. He went a little bit Wednesday morning, nothing in evening, and nothing this morning. Does that sound normal since he didn't eat Tuesday? (Due to vet saying we with-hold food due to injections)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.