Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Regurgitation? Sick? Allergies?

Quote Originally Posted by Blueberrys Mom View Post
    Just wanna add my 2cents for whatever it's worth.

When you change food, even put them on a bland diet, it's going to upset their tummies and throw their bowel movements off. There's really mo way to get around it, especially if your bullie has a very sensitive stomach.

Right now, I just put Wellie back on his kibble. He was on boiled chicken with some rice for over a week and had 2 movements. He's now back on his kibble, and started going more regularly, but the consistency is, as my husband calls it, "chocolate pudding poo". I know it's going to take another week for it to get back to normal.
    So I wouldn't worry too much about it if I were you.

The other thing I want to mention is about obstruction. Blue had one but nothing really showed up on x-rays either. We knew he swallowed a squeaker though so insisted on a ultra-sound and there it was. So just because the x-ray doesn't show anything, doesn't mean there isn't an obstruction.
    Thank you @Blueberrys Mom - I know it could be the transitioning phase, you are right. I have a message into the vet to see about getting an ultrasound. If the ultrasound comes back clear, I'll proceed with the barium swallow. But like you said, his belly could be adjusting to the food.

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TyTysmom View Post
    Thank you @Blueberrys Mom - I know it could be the transitioning phase, you are right. I have a message into the vet to see about getting an ultrasound. If the ultrasound comes back clear, I'll proceed with the barium swallow. But like you said, his belly could be adjusting to the food.
    @2BullyMama @brutus77
    Well, Tyson just peed a little blood. We're taking him in at 3pm. Pray for us. I knew something was up. Just worried sick now.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

@2BullyMama @brutus77
    Well, Tyson just peed a little blood. We're taking him in at 3pm. Pray for us. I knew something was up. Just worried sick now.

Sending lots of prayers... please keep us posted
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)

@2BullyMama @brutus77
    Oh no, I am praying all is ok. Please let me know as soon as you hear anything.
    My smooshy face boy!

The Ultimate Sourmug nycbullymama's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

So weird.. could be stones I guess.. maybe that's what caused the vomiting too if he was in pain

Fingers crossed it's nothing serious. Keep us posted.

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Sending prayers for Tyson, I just read this whole thread and I sure hope you can find out what's going on.... Poor baby!

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Susan Moore
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Elmo
    Likes (Received)

Sending Prayers and Positive Thoughts for Tyson. How is he today? Please keep us informed on Your Precious Boy.

Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

@2BullyMama @bullmama @Blueberrys Mom @brutus77 @My Otis

Good Morning, After blood work,ultrasound, and urinalysis - they said he has a UTI, his belly was a tender to touch as well. Now, we took him to another vet, an ER internal medicine vet that treated his prostate issues earlier this year. We love her. She started him on Baytril. She is also doing a more extensive lab culture to make sure there aren't any other bacterial strands the first didn't catch. She said she hopes to have those results back before Christmas. We came home last night, fed him his dinner & gave him his first dose of the Baytril. He slept & rested well. This morning we fed him breakfast, and not even 5 mins after he vomited it all. I called the vet tech this morning, she says chances are its from the antibiotic, and not to be concerned, unless it continues. So here we are. I did research UTI symptoms and found that vomiting, and change in appetite are on the list. So I am hoping & praying that after a day or two more on the meds, he will start to get some relief. Poor guy just looks tired I hate seeing him like that.

I can't thank you all enough for all the suggestions, support & prayers. I'm hoping we're on the mends after the meds start working. I want my boy to feel better for Christmas.

Side note: (fyi) We brought her the meds his vet put him on for his allergies & yeast about a month ago. The first thing she was scared of was it possibly being his liver. He was on Ketoconazole 100mg - and she said that med tends to affect the liver. Thank GOD that all his blood work was normal,and his liver looked great. Since she did a quick ultrasound as well, she was able to see that his prostate looked great too, about 1/4 the size it was when he had the infection earlier this year.

Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

@2BullyMama @bullmama @Blueberrys Mom @brutus77 @My Otis

Good Morning, After blood work,ultrasound, and urinalysis - they said he has a UTI, his belly was a tender to touch as well. Now, we took him to another vet, an ER internal medicine vet that treated his prostate issues earlier this year. We love her. She started him on Baytril. She is also doing a more extensive lab culture to make sure there aren't any other bacterial strands the first didn't catch. She said she hopes to have those results back before Christmas. We came home last night, fed him his dinner & gave him his first dose of the Baytril. He slept & rested well. This morning we fed him breakfast, and not even 5 mins after he vomited it all. I called the vet tech this morning, she says chances are its from the antibiotic, and not to be concerned, unless it continues. So here we are. I did research UTI symptoms and found that vomiting, and change in appetite are on the list. So I am hoping & praying that after a day or two more on the meds, he will start to get some relief. Poor guy just looks tired I hate seeing him like that.

I can't thank you all enough for all the suggestions, support & prayers. I'm hoping we're on the mends after the meds start working. I want my boy to feel better for Christmas.

Side note: (fyi) We brought her the meds his vet put him on for his allergies & yeast about a month ago. The first thing she was scared of was it possibly being his liver. He was on Ketoconazole 100mg - and she said that med tends to affect the liver. Thank GOD that all his blood work was normal,and his liver looked great. Since she did a quick ultrasound as well, she was able to see that his prostate looked great too, about 1/4 the size it was when he had the infection earlier this year.
    Poor guy... I hope this is getting him on the track to being better. big hugs to you all
    e.

Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    Poor guy... I hope this is getting him on the track to being better. big hugs to you all
    Thank you @2BullyMama - us too. Its kinda a bummer with him being sick this close to Christmas, we just want him to get better. Since he vomited this morning, vet said its likely the meds. So we're gonna do half the dose twice a day instead of the full dose once a day. And I'll give him a pepcid today too. I'm keeping my eye on him through our cameras, just wish I didn't have to work so I could be home cuddling with him.

Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Thank you @2BullyMama - us too. Its kinda a bummer with him being sick this close to Christmas, we just want him to get better. Since he vomited this morning, vet said its likely the meds. So we're gonna do half the dose twice a day instead of the full dose once a day. And I'll give him a pepcid today too. I'm keeping my eye on him through our cameras, just wish I didn't have to work so I could be home cuddling with him.
    Baytril is strong and rough on the belly so it very well could be that, but stay deligent and keep close eye on him (like you not, right).....
    e.

Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    Baytril is strong and rough on the belly so it very well could be that, but stay deligent and keep close eye on him (like you not, right).....
    @2BullyMama - I don't know what you're talking about Thanks, that made me smile for once this week.

-photo-png

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Remove Ads