nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
The active ingredient sounds like it works the same way spinosad does, by attacking the nervous system, but I don't believe they're in the same drug class.

There's not a ton of info. on it since it's been on the market for a short time. But like I said, everything I've read says no serious side effects in any of the trials. Most common thing is vomiting.

Diego1011

Jun 26, 2014
Country
America
Bulldog(s) Names
Diego
Hopefully this is not demodex. Diego had demodex as well and the vet suggested ivermectin and using a medicated shampoo that opens pores so the mites can come out faster. It has worked great. His rash cleared up in a month and he has all his hair again. He still on the ivermectin because they did find 1 mite when they did the scrap. However, that is better than the loads they found when I initially brang him in.

Diego1011

Jun 26, 2014
Country
America
Bulldog(s) Names
Diego
I won't give my dogs comfortis either. Especially after reading reading many EB have supposedly died after taking it. Per my vet, we dont know if the bullys that died had underlying problems but that is just a risk I don't want to take.

OP
A

arodriguez02

Dec 9, 2014
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
ZOEY
*update
we went to the vet today and got a skin scraping and it was negative for mites. The vet believes it is allergy related. I think I am eventually going to have to get allergy test done to narrow down the triggers.

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
Unfortunately these topicals for demodex can bring on allergies,buy some colloidal silver and use on the spots,buy some quercetin ( natural antihistamine) ,work on the immune system giving primrose oil and borage oil ,I'd also recomend raw feeding

Members online