anyone have a pup that has continous uti?

erniesmom

Apr 14, 2013
Michigan
Bulldog(s) Names
ernie
Hi everyone,
Betsy came to us at 12 weeks with a uti. she was put on antibotics. two days after they ran their course she started peeing like crazy again and in her crate. put on another round. now two days off of this round she is peeing like crazy again. going to take a sample in this weekend. anyone deal with this?

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I haven't dealt w/this, but I will tag some members for you… Good Luck!!!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
She could have a resistant strain of bacteria and may need a different type of antibiotic. Also she could have crystals or something else going on. Poor baby girl. :(

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I would advice you to take her for further testing. There must be some underlying issue there.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
hope she is doing better, but a deeper look is definitely needed

OP
erniesmom

erniesmom

Apr 14, 2013
Michigan
Bulldog(s) Names
ernie
they are putting her on a month long course of antibotics. she has no discharge at all so they are ruling out vaginitis. no bacteria in the test results just white cell but the there could be no bacteria because of the recent antibotics. We waited 7 days until we tested again. sigh. poor girl

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Wow, a whole month! That's a lot of antibiotics. While you are giving her those I would recommend also giving daily probiotics, either in pure form or in yogurt, to help create beneficial bacteria during the coarse. I sure hope she will be ok....

Christie H

May 29, 2014
Centerton, Arkansas, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wheezie Kay Wigglebottom and Zakk Abbott Wylde
My girl Wheezie has had one and it took like 3 weeks of antibiotics. They can determine the crystal content etc. If hers should continue.I wipe Wheezie every time she pees and it helps a lot.Does your girl have a lot of extra skin in the area? Mine does and should this become a regular thing( which it hasn't so far..thank goodness) she may need a vulvaplasty.Where they remove extra skin that hangs.Hope this helps.We also give yogurt and coconut oil and ACV in their water.

OP
erniesmom

erniesmom

Apr 14, 2013
Michigan
Bulldog(s) Names
ernie
I have been giving her probotics and cranberry tablets. the vet thinks she might need to go through a heat cycle before this is resolved. sigh

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
Raspberry leaf tea is also good for uti ,I give it Hilda throughout her heat cycles

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.