Holly33

Aug 23, 2013
New Hampshire
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Joe
So I don't even know how to explain what is going on...but Joe just hasn't been himself for the past week or so. I went away to Costa Rica for two weeks before Thanksgiving, my Dad came from NC and stayed with him him at my house. When I got back Joe seemed to have a little redness in his ears and a little tail pocket irriation. I bathed him, got some veterycin for his ears and was extra careful using witch hazel and desitin on his tail pocket. His ears seem better and his tail pocket seems better (no yuckiness or obvious sign of infection) when I clean it except that he FLIPS out on me. He tries to bite me and gets really mean. He also tried to bite me yesterday when I put him in the crate so I could vacuumn and again when I was helping him on my bed. He slept all morning this morning and didn't even get up while I was cleaning the house. He usually follows me around and in whatever room I happen to be in. My Dad is still at my house and he agrees that Joe doesn't seem like himself. My Dad tried to play soccer with him and he stopped playing after a few minutes. I have never seen Joe stop playing soccer, I have to hide the ball because he is obsessed. I have a vet appointment scheduled for tomorrow. I just feel like I don't have any clear symptoms other than he is obviously not himself and does seem to be a little itchier than normal (biting his paws a little and there was some ear scratching initially). Any thoughts?

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
He could be in pain somewhere and that could be why he is behaving like that. I hope the vet can figure our what is wrong with him. Please keep us posted.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I agree w/David, he could be in pain or he is suffering from allergies. I would have the vet run some blood test too to be sure… keep us posted!!!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
He may just be getting used to you being back at home again, I hope he gets back to normal. Maybe some extra treats would turn things around.

OP
Holly33

Holly33

Aug 23, 2013
New Hampshire
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Joe
He may just be getting used to you being back at home again, I hope he gets back to normal. Maybe some extra treats would turn things around.

That's the thing.. I can't figure out if it's pain or if he is just being extra sensitive/moody. Having my Dad around is great but it might be messing with my place in the "pack".

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I'm glad you'll be taking Joe to the vet tomorrow, Holly. To me, it sounds like he may be experiencing some discomfort/pain that isn't obvious to you. Hoping it is nothing serious and the vet will know what's going on!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Worrisome! Sounds like pain issue, poor Joe :( Please update us,
praying for correct dx & immediate relief for all, GOD bless!

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Good luck at the vet. please keep us posted.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I will definitely keep you posted, his appointment is at 6pm tomorrow

I was thinking pain as well.... sending prayers he is just being moody

OP
Holly33

Holly33

Aug 23, 2013
New Hampshire
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Joe
So Joe is doing much better today and is back to himself. I brought him to the vet and he thinks it may be joint pain. Joe is starting on rimadyl and I will see how is he is over the next two weeks. Thanks for the support, I really appreciate it.

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
That is wonderful that Joe is doing much better! I hope he continues to improve and is back to his normal self in no time.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Thank you for update, hoping this will get Joe back to himself asap!
Please let us know how he's doing & you as well~ GOD bless y'all.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.