Ugh!! I'm so frustrated with Ida's ucky face!

OP
G

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
OH NO!!![MENTION=676]mammyglicks[/MENTION]: You uttered the word that stricks fear and dread in me--allergies. What do you think she is allergic to? How do I find out? I have done EVERYTHING I can think to do to hopefully not have these girls develope allergies. Was it all a waste? Ugh!!

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
I was looking at your pics and I noticed that the eye is actually pretty pink around it which is not noticeable in the first picture. Did you have a vet check and see if it is an eyelash issue?

I started with distilled water about a week ago (80 cents for a gallon jug at the grocery) and I have noticed a bit of a change already in the amount of tear stains. I suppose you could get a filter pitcher and it would be a bit cheaper.

Other than that, I don't have a clue. I have been using peroxide on Gator's stains and until I started the new water, I hadn't noticed any decrease in the stains.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
OH NO!!![MENTION=676]mammyglicks[/MENTION]: You uttered the word that stricks fear and dread in me--allergies. What do you think she is allergic to? How do I find out? I have done EVERYTHING I can think to do to hopefully not have these girls develope allergies. Was it all a waste? Ugh!!

If it is a food allergy there is nothing you can do. I would try a grain free formula on her if I was you. She is still a bit young to have seasonal allergies. After the first season you will know by the second. You can actually have her tested for seasonal and food allergies from your vet.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Orion has icky tear stains also. I tried the peroxide paste and it was a chore applying it. She would eat it off my finger before I could get it on the stains. Then she would go to the couch and casually rub her face clean of the paste. I had more paste on me, the carpet and the couch than on her face. It really is hard trying to be consistent with her. Good luck.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.