And now we have cherry eye :(

amdeemer

May 16, 2014
Pennsylvania, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Archie
Poor Archie is now dealing with cherry eye in the same eye that he had entropion surgery just over a month ago. If we gently massage the lower eyelid while he's relaxed, it seems to help, but it eventually pops back out again. Today he didn't have any issues all day & now tonight, it's out again. Please tell me there are other options for cherry eye besides surgery! :pray: I am calling the vet in the morning, but am hoping there's a drop or something that we can try first. Entropion recovery was rough for Archie & for us with the e-collar. The thought of going through that again so soon after the last time is awful.

OP
amdeemer

amdeemer

May 16, 2014
Pennsylvania, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Archie
Wow, once I posted this topic, "cherry eye" turned into a link which took me to a great article on this forum with tons of info.! Sounds like there may be some medication options we can try first. Here's hoping those work!

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
There are drops, generally steroids that can help, and we used them initially for Blue. But generally, the gland will come out again. If you can gently massage it back in, I'd hold off on surgery.

With Blue, we waited until he got it in both eyes so he'd only need to have the procedure done once.

I have no idea what entropian surgery is like, but the tacking (not removal) is very quick, simple and they're back to normal in a a few days. You just need to use the ointment for a week or two.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.