Help Needed! 6 month old female in heat?

Smoothpassinlady

Nov 16, 2014
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bane and Blanche
My six month old bulldog is displaying some symptoms of coming into heat. She's swollen in her genital area and sleeping a lot more than usual. Our breeder told us to wait and have her spayed after her first heat. I'm starting to get a little nervous about what it'll be like once she goes into heat. Any advice? My online research has been very contradictory.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I tagged a few members that can give you experienced info; however, keep in mind every dog is different

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
It will take about a month for her to be finished with it. Some people put diapers on them, but they can be hard to keep on. The main thing is, don't let her out of your sight outside for one second. Stay with her the whole time. Other than that, there isn't much you can do for her. I would wait about a month after she is out of herat before having her spayed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
It will take about a month for her to be finished with it. Some people put diapers on them, but they can be hard to keep on. The main thing is, don't let her out of your sight outside for one second. Stay with her the whole time. Other than that, there isn't much you can do for her. I would wait about a month after she is out of herat before having her spayed.
That is exactly what I was going to say. Good advice>> Beware-I once had a dog who got pregnant after being in heat for 3 wks.

Roxy sweetie

Sep 18, 2014
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Roxy
Roxy get a temper ., I guess like us females really bipolar, but she gets mad with Rocky puggie and don't want him around her , then she got back to normal . So if you have more dogs watch how she act around them

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.