gronzano

Nov 30, 2014
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
pudge, pumpkin
Hi. I have a 9 year old bully. He has dry eye and Ive used ointment in them every day to help produce tears-optimune. I took him out last night to pee and he seemed a little confused and staring at things. When I got him inside I realized he couldn't see. He could see shadows but that is it. I know his sight is bad, I can see cataracts, but to go from bad sight to what I saw last night doenst seem normal. He is eating fine and drinking and chewing his bone, but he isn't able to see well enough to get in his bed. I don't want to take him to the vet and be told that will be a thousand dollars and it just be his age. Please help.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hi and welcome to EBN... it may be a good idea to do a vet visit as there may be a different drop or ointment to help. I had a foster for two weeks, and when I got her she could nto see, by the time to 2 wks past she regained her sight in the one eye just with drops

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
@gronzano You should at least take your dog to the vet, and see if there is anything that would help. The ultimate decision of what is done will be yours.
As has been suggested there may be a better remedy than ointment-perhaps drops. Wishing your doggie the best. If he is not in pain,and no
cure for his blindness, he can live a good life. I had a dog who was blind-and eventually deaf-who still had a good quality of life.She live to be 14 years old. Just need to give them more time and patience.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online