URGENT!!! Please Help!!! Skin issues are severe!!!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
You're in my thoughts and prayers, I know it looks far worse shaved but the skin will be able to breathe now and will hopefully speed up the healing. Please keep us posted on how he's doing.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
:pray::pray:So many prayers are being said for you and your furkid.Poor baby , and poor Mom and Dad.:pray::pray:

JennyBean

Nov 21, 2014
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Farley Foo (8 1/2 yrs old) RIP My precious FarlyFoo 7/24/2017
Oh my, your poor Winston! Many prayers for him to heal and get to feeling better fast.:pray:

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Checking on any new reports on Winston...prayers over him & y'all
are continuing...Cami & I send strength, support & hugs <3

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
You need to start healing from the inside ,raw diet no sugar,carbs or dairy,supplement with transfer factor,primrose oil ,borage oil,msm,quertecin,and get some nu stock to apply on those nasty hot spots ,please stop the steroids as they're only depleting his immune system further

Poor baby, in my opinion he needs limited ingredients raw diet or homemade cooked food. All kibble, no matter how good, is still too artificial. Try to find a vet that has understanding in natural feeding. If they put him on some Hill's crap he will just be deeper in it. All steroids and medicine will not heal him, if you don't find the cause.

These are excellent suggestions. When I had a bad spot on one of my dogs, the vet wanted to cut it out of her. Before I let him do that, we started her on limited ingredient raw, which rally helped. I am not saying it will do the trick, but it can't hurt. I really think your poor baby needs to see a holistic vet, who won't just treat the skin issue, but will help build his body's defenses to keep it from happening again.

CrazyDogMom

Dec 30, 2014
Jonesborough, TN
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Penny, Angel, and Jackson
I searched "warm compress" and came across your posts. I know they're over a month old, but I would love an update on Winston :( poor baby!
I'm sure with dogs, just as with humans, they can develop new allergies to anything even after using them for years! It may be worth a shot to change his food. Also, as another user stated, in humans anyway, Prednisone will hype you up, make you irritable, and really hungry! Your baby is probably feeling all sorts of new things with the two antibiotics depleting his normal flora in his gut ( good bacteria ) along with Prednisone, being bathed with chlorhexidine which is smelly and, I'm sure, it burns on his irritated skin.

Carrie Katana

Jul 18, 2013
MIAMI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BROOKLYN, HARLEM
I have been on this site for one whole hour but have had bulldogs for years....I have had the same issues with two of my dogs....As you have, I tried anything and everything to get some relief for my girls....Nothing seemed to work...After thousands of dollars, countless hours, and a lot of heartache, I finally tried the one thing that I was told so many times was the wrong thing...I put my pups on the B.A.R.F. diet....Bones and Raw Food, in case you weren't already aware...Within two weeks, incredibly, my babies looked like show dogs...Everything about them improved....Their gas was almost eliminated, their poop was now chalky and almost odorless, and most importantly their allergies were gone...My pups have been on the B.A.R.F diet for two years now and I wouldn't have it any other way...I even have a new addition to my pack and at 5 months he loves feeding time and is doing very well...I definitely would at least do some research about this, and don't listen to the vets, they get paid to push certain foods....Just some advice....Hopefully your lil one gets better soon, it broke my heart seeing the pics of him...:(

Morgans bully

Nov 26, 2014
Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Max
My Max had this same issue, I found out that it was staph infection. We took Max to his vet several times only to discover that he had an ear infection and he was unsure what was going on with his skin. Vet prescribed antibiotics and changed food to a prescription diet. Vet told us that Max was allergic to something in his dog food. After several food changes and his skin not clearing up, we ended up at a specialty vet. She told us that Max had staph infection, yeast infection and bacterial infection of his ears. Max is allergic to chicken, chick meal and grains. We have since started feeding him Blue basics limited ingredients grain free turkey and potato and is doing a lot better.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online