Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 24

Thread: Questions About Limping

  1. #1
    Dog Park Attendant Goob14's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    451
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Goob
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    240

    Default Questions About Limping

    A few weeks ago, Goob had a limp in his front right leg. We had him on bed rest for a few days and it went away.

    Today, he has a limp in his right hind leg. This one seems more severe than the one a few weeks ago. We are going to put him on bed rest again but I can't imagine what it could be.

    He is 3.5 years old. Not over weight. Very active. On Merrick Grain Free food. Manipulated every part of his hind leg from his hip to his toes with no sounds, no signs of pain, nothing! Is it possible that he can already have the onsets of arthritis? I just ordered Nuvet joint and Nuvet Plus to see how he does on them.

    For those of you who have dealt with this.. what were the signs of your baby's torn ACL, hip dysplasia, broken leg, ect. I dont want to admit that I'm beginning to be VERY worried but....I AM.
    Goob doesn't like strangers so a trip to the vet means a muzzle and head ache. I don't mind dropping money for whatever he needs but I don't want to take him in, complain of a limp, and they say bed rest for a few days 200 dollars later.


    Maybe you can answer it this way if my rambling doesn't make sense..."My dog's symptoms were__________. We found out that it was________. The vet said he needed____________."

  2. #2
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    40,194
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11531

    Default Re: Questions About Limping

    Is it possible that he can already have the onsets of arthritis? --- yes, it is possible.

    When my guy tore his ACL he would not place the paw of that leg on the floor
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  3. #3
    Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    bullmama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    25,362
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2312
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Questions About Limping

    My guess is that first it was one leg and then another, and with the cold weather coming in, he may have arthritis. If so the joint supplement should help for sure.

    Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

  4. #4
    Dog Park Attendant Goob14's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    451
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Goob
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    240

    Default Re: Questions About Limping

    Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    Is it possible that he can already have the onsets of arthritis? --- yes, it is possible.

    When my guy tore his ACL he would not place the paw of that leg on the floor
    Oh wow...Thanks for the info...Where is the ACL in a dog? Would display pain when you touched the area or it was only when it was bearing weight?

  5. #5
    I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried! Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    KMARINO's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Bradenton Fl.
    Posts
    7,294
    Bulldog(s) Names
    VEGAS
    Likes (Received)
    181

    Default Re: Questions About Limping

    Vegas did not have a limp, but a popping noise in his left hip when he would walk across the room. I took him to the vet. No injury. So I ordered the line from NuVet like your ordered. I have used it for over a year. It took a few weeks, but Vegas has never had that popping noise again. Great Product!!

  6. #6
    Dog Park Attendant Goob14's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    451
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Goob
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    240

    Default Re: Questions About Limping

    Quote Originally Posted by bullmama View Post
    My guess is that first it was one leg and then another, and with the cold weather coming in, he may have arthritis. If so the joint supplement should help for sure.
    I am really hoping that its arthritis and nothing more severe. Do you know how long it usually takes for Nuvet to be shipped...Maybe I will get it next week?

  7. #7
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    40,194
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11531

    Default Re: Questions About Limping

    Quote Originally Posted by Goob14 View Post
    Oh wow...Thanks for the info...Where is the ACL in a dog? Would display pain when you touched the area or it was only when it was bearing weight?
    I can't be 100% sure, but i think only when bearing weight
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  8. #8
    Dog Park Attendant Goob14's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    451
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Goob
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    240

    Default Re: Questions About Limping

    Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    I can't be 100% sure, but i think only when bearing weight
    Hmm...thats what has me a little concerned. He won't place his foot on the ground but if he just stands there...he will gradually lower it. You can tell that he doesn't want to put any weight on it. I got a video of him walking to potty so if he hasn't improved by monday, we can take him to his normal vet and show him. I feel sick to my stomach worrying about all the possibilities.

    P.S. Thank you for the concern you have for Mr. Goob when your heart is still hurting from losing Banks. I haven't been a part of this community very long but even from when i first signed up I knew that you and banks were so loved and so respected around here. I have been praying for you and your family.

  9. #9
    Dog Park Attendant Goob14's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    451
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Goob
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    240

    Default Re: Questions About Limping

    Quote Originally Posted by KMARINO View Post
    Vegas did not have a limp, but a popping noise in his left hip when he would walk across the room. I took him to the vet. No injury. So I ordered the line from NuVet like your ordered. I have used it for over a year. It took a few weeks, but Vegas has never had that popping noise again. Great Product!!
    I would LOVE for Goob to be the next poster bully for this product and share the success you had with Vegas. My hopes are high but I wish I would have tried it sooner.

  10. #10
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    40,194
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11531

    Default Re: Questions About Limping

    Quote Originally Posted by Goob14 View Post
    Hmm...thats what has me a little concerned. He won't place his foot on the ground but if he just stands there...he will gradually lower it. You can tell that he doesn't want to put any weight on it. I got a video of him walking to potty so if he hasn't improved by monday, we can take him to his normal vet and show him. I feel sick to my stomach worrying about all the possibilities.

    P.S. Thank you for the concern you have for Mr. Goob when your heart is still hurting from losing Banks. I haven't been a part of this community very long but even from when i first signed up I knew that you and banks were so loved and so respected around here. I have been praying for you and your family.
    Keep him rested for the weekend... limited play and no jumping, if you have to pen him or gate off an area so he rest. it can make a difference if it is just a pull or sore muscle.

    Thank you for the continued prayers. we are still in shock, good minutes and bad minutes, but I love the breed so much I have to be here on EBN to help others and get me through the days
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  11. #11
    Dog Park Attendant Goob14's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    451
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Goob
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    240

    Default Re: Questions About Limping

    Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    Keep him rested for the weekend... limited play and no jumping, if you have to pen him or gate off an area so he rest. it can make a difference if it is just a pull or sore muscle.

    Thank you for the continued prayers. we are still in shock, good minutes and bad minutes, but I love the breed so much I have to be here on EBN to help others and get me through the days
    I appreciate it immensely! I have him in a makeshift "gated area." He has been sleeping most of the day which is good. Ill keep an eye on him this weekend and ill keep everyone posted in regards to his progress. If there is no change...to the vet we go Monday morning.

  12. #12
    Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    bullmama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    25,362
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2312
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Questions About Limping

    Quote Originally Posted by Goob14 View Post
    I am really hoping that its arthritis and nothing more severe. Do you know how long it usually takes for Nuvet to be shipped...Maybe I will get it next week?
    When I order it seems like it arrives by the next day, but they are only a state away in CA. I'm sure you'll probably get it by Wednesday or sooner... Did you order the nujoint plus or DS? DS stands for double strength, which would be more ideal for arthritis and joint issues.

    Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •