Help Needed! Questions About Limping

Goob14

Jun 26, 2014
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Goob
A few weeks ago, Goob had a limp in his front right leg. We had him on bed rest for a few days and it went away.

Today, he has a limp in his right hind leg. This one seems more severe than the one a few weeks ago. We are going to put him on bed rest again but I can't imagine what it could be.

He is 3.5 years old. Not over weight. Very active. On Merrick Grain Free food. Manipulated every part of his hind leg from his hip to his toes with no sounds, no signs of pain, nothing! Is it possible that he can already have the onsets of arthritis? I just ordered Nuvet joint and Nuvet Plus to see how he does on them.

For those of you who have dealt with this.. what were the signs of your baby's torn ACL, hip dysplasia, broken leg, ect. I dont want to admit that I'm beginning to be VERY worried but....I AM.
Goob doesn't like strangers so a trip to the vet means a muzzle and head ache. I don't mind dropping money for whatever he needs but I don't want to take him in, complain of a limp, and they say bed rest for a few days 200 dollars later.

Maybe you can answer it this way if my rambling doesn't make sense..."My dog's symptoms were__________. We found out that it was________. The vet said he needed____________."

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Is it possible that he can already have the onsets of arthritis? --- yes, it is possible.

When my guy tore his ACL he would not place the paw of that leg on the floor

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
My guess is that first it was one leg and then another, and with the cold weather coming in, he may have arthritis. If so the joint supplement should help for sure.

OP
Goob14

Goob14

Jun 26, 2014
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Goob
Is it possible that he can already have the onsets of arthritis? --- yes, it is possible.

When my guy tore his ACL he would not place the paw of that leg on the floor

Oh wow...Thanks for the info...Where is the ACL in a dog? Would display pain when you touched the area or it was only when it was bearing weight?

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Vegas did not have a limp, but a popping noise in his left hip when he would walk across the room. I took him to the vet. No injury. So I ordered the line from NuVet like your ordered. I have used it for over a year. It took a few weeks, but Vegas has never had that popping noise again. Great Product!!

OP
Goob14

Goob14

Jun 26, 2014
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Goob
My guess is that first it was one leg and then another, and with the cold weather coming in, he may have arthritis. If so the joint supplement should help for sure.

I am really hoping that its arthritis and nothing more severe:(. Do you know how long it usually takes for Nuvet to be shipped...Maybe I will get it next week?

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Oh wow...Thanks for the info...Where is the ACL in a dog? Would display pain when you touched the area or it was only when it was bearing weight?

I can't be 100% sure, but i think only when bearing weight

OP
Goob14

Goob14

Jun 26, 2014
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Goob
I can't be 100% sure, but i think only when bearing weight

Hmm...thats what has me a little concerned. He won't place his foot on the ground but if he just stands there...he will gradually lower it. You can tell that he doesn't want to put any weight on it. I got a video of him walking to potty so if he hasn't improved by monday, we can take him to his normal vet and show him. I feel sick to my stomach worrying about all the possibilities.

P.S. Thank you for the concern you have for Mr. Goob when your heart is still hurting from losing Banks. I haven't been a part of this community very long but even from when i first signed up I knew that you and banks were so loved and so respected around here. I have been praying for you and your family.

OP
Goob14

Goob14

Jun 26, 2014
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Goob
Vegas did not have a limp, but a popping noise in his left hip when he would walk across the room. I took him to the vet. No injury. So I ordered the line from NuVet like your ordered. I have used it for over a year. It took a few weeks, but Vegas has never had that popping noise again. Great Product!!

I would LOVE for Goob to be the next poster bully for this product and share the success you had with Vegas. My hopes are high but I wish I would have tried it sooner.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hmm...thats what has me a little concerned. He won't place his foot on the ground but if he just stands there...he will gradually lower it. You can tell that he doesn't want to put any weight on it. I got a video of him walking to potty so if he hasn't improved by monday, we can take him to his normal vet and show him. I feel sick to my stomach worrying about all the possibilities.

P.S. Thank you for the concern you have for Mr. Goob when your heart is still hurting from losing Banks. I haven't been a part of this community very long but even from when i first signed up I knew that you and banks were so loved and so respected around here. I have been praying for you and your family.

Keep him rested for the weekend... limited play and no jumping, if you have to pen him or gate off an area so he rest. it can make a difference if it is just a pull or sore muscle.

Thank you for the continued prayers. we are still in shock, good minutes and bad minutes, but I love the breed so much I have to be here on EBN to help others and get me through the days

OP
Goob14

Goob14

Jun 26, 2014
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Goob
Keep him rested for the weekend... limited play and no jumping, if you have to pen him or gate off an area so he rest. it can make a difference if it is just a pull or sore muscle.

Thank you for the continued prayers. we are still in shock, good minutes and bad minutes, but I love the breed so much I have to be here on EBN to help others and get me through the days

I appreciate it immensely! I have him in a makeshift "gated area." He has been sleeping most of the day which is good. Ill keep an eye on him this weekend and ill keep everyone posted in regards to his progress. If there is no change...to the vet we go Monday morning.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I am really hoping that its arthritis and nothing more severe:(. Do you know how long it usually takes for Nuvet to be shipped...Maybe I will get it next week?

When I order it seems like it arrives by the next day, but they are only a state away in CA. I'm sure you'll probably get it by Wednesday or sooner... Did you order the nujoint plus or DS? DS stands for double strength, which would be more ideal for arthritis and joint issues.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
When I order it seems like it arrives by the next day, but they are only a state away in CA. I'm sure you'll probably get it by Wednesday or sooner... Did you order the nujoint plus or DS? DS stands for double strength, which would be more ideal for arthritis and joint issues.

I have used the NuJoint for my boxer, she has arthritis in her hips and a neck spur… it has really helped her, and I think it's totally worth it!!!

OP
Goob14

Goob14

Jun 26, 2014
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Goob
I ordered nuvet plus and nujoint plus. Not the DS. I read that you said the two were made to be taken together. Maybe if I go through the first bottle and realize he needs more I'll go for the double strength

OP
Goob14

Goob14

Jun 26, 2014
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Goob
I have used the NuJoint for my boxer, she has arthritis in her hips and a neck spur… it has really helped her, and I think it's totally worth it!!!

I'm really glad to hear that the products have worked for you. ..I'm just kicking myself that I didn't get them sooner. ..maybe it would have either prevented some of this or at least kept it at bay. Live and learn unfortunately. Do you use nuvet plus also or just nujoint?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.