Re: Dixie's got small bumps...

teryf

Jan 23, 2011
Warren County, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Dixie

Hi folks,

Got something going on with Dixie's skin that has me baffled. My poor baby has developed what feels like scaps on her body. They look and feel like dirt, mind you I give her a bath every 3 weeks with oatmeal shampoo.

Nothing has changed besides the weather, very cold here in NJ, brrrr. Haven't changed her diet, feed her Taste of the Wild. Same treats, milkbone biscuits. Don't want to rush to vet unless emergency. Notice this condition started about 8 weeks ago. God bless her, she's been so good while I poke and prod her with my curiousity.

Need your advice.

Tery & Dixie

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver

Bella gets those every once in a while. It is exactly like you explained, bump on their skin, when you take it off it looks like dark dirt. We are in FL and it has happened in warm weather as well. The few times I have gone to the vet, we can't find any. It worries me it may be a mite or something like that. I have no idea what triggers it. Sorry I can't be anymore help.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack

Maybe you could try a conditioning shampoo, I use tea tree oil shampoo from Carolina Pet Pantry. It could also be a fungus or something tho, so please keep an eye on it. If it looks to be spreading, I would get her to the vet. She is on a good food, but sometimes allergies to foods can develop from being on the same diet. I would also eliminate the milk bones :barf: as they are full of wheat, and even have bacon fat and salt. They are not the most horrid treats in the world but I would change to fresh fruits and veggies for treats, or grain free treats.

P.S. We would love to see pics of Dixie! :) :up:

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida

Welcome to our group! I'm sure someone here can help you with this! I haven't experienced this with my Bully girls.

Lkane0322

Nov 27, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bailey

Bailey had little scabs on his back once and I just thought it was nothing. Brought him to the vet and it ended up being a staff infection and they treated it with antibiotics. If you are worried, call the vet but it may just be dry skin

jortiz9758

Aug 22, 2010
Pembroke Pines Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno

My Bruno has had those little bumps on his skin. I got him at 2 months. At about 5 months they started showing up. I switched his food over and over again ( proteins ) and finally settled on Taste of the Wild Pacific formula.
His bumps have gone away and the hair is coming back in the little spots were it has fallen off ( he is 1 now). His face does not stink anymore and his eye boogies are gone. While I was doing this I did not give him any treats besides his food and bottled water.
Give it a try, and speak to your Vet. Definitely stay away from the milkbone treats...those things are horrible.

OP
teryf

teryf

Jan 23, 2011
Warren County, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Dixie

Hi, everyone thanks for the responses. I didn't realize the milkbone treats weren't good for Dixie. That may be where the problem is. No more milkbone in her diet. Now, what about Mother Hubbard treats? I used those in the past.

I'll post some pictures as soon as i download them to the pc from my cell phone. Gotta figure out how first, new android phone.

IMG00054-20100520-2141.jpg

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack

Hi, everyone thanks for the responses. I didn't realize the milkbone treats weren't good for Dixie. That may be where the problem is. No more milkbone in her diet. Now, what about Mother Hubbard treats? I used those in the past.

I'll post some pictures as soon as i download them to the pc from my cell phone. Gotta figure out how first, new android phone.

View attachment 5310

Awww she is very cute! I will look up the ingredients on those sometime tonight and let you know. Basically, almost all treats are bad. There are quite a few topics on treats here in the forums.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.