Bordetella Vaccine

sunkissedpr1ncs

Apr 3, 2013
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Barkley and Pippen
Grrrrrr, I'm so mad...I took Barkley in to get his Bordetella vaccine and told them to do the injection and NOT the intranasal and the tech comes out and the next thing I know she is doing the intranasal one!!! I know I've heard that there can be problems with Bulldogs getting the intranasal one, is this anything I should be worried about? What problems can they have and what should I look out for? He's only had the vaccine once before and had it done with an injection.

Hopefully he is ok and I don't have to worry about anything but this is the last time I am taking him to that vet's office, everytime I go they screw something up!!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Wow, I don't blame you for being upset. That's really terrible that the vet's office did not follow your instructions re. the vaccine. Look out for nasal congestion, and if you see any signs of any breathing problems, bring your bully back to the vet's. Sneezing, coughing are other side effects of the intranasal route.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I agree with [MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION]. I would have been VERY upset with my vet! I took Vegas to the vet once, and before I knew it our vet was putting dye in his eye, I ask what he was doing and he said he thought he seen an ulcer. NOPE, no ulcer, but sure charged me $35 for dying his eye with out even asking me or telling me what he was doing. I was NOT happy, but paid it because if he would have had an ulcer I would have wanted to know.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Wow, I don't blame you for being upset. That's really terrible that the vet's office did not follow your instructions re. the vaccine. Look out for nasal congestion, and if you see any signs of any breathing problems, bring your bully back to the vet's. Sneezing, coughing are other side effects of the intranasal route.

agreed ^^^^ I would be beyond pissed too

OP
sunkissedpr1ncs

sunkissedpr1ncs

Apr 3, 2013
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Barkley and Pippen

Yea I couldn't believe it...she said she thought I said the other way around. I just think it's pretty dumb for someone who works at a vet to think someone with a bulldog would ASK for the intranasal!

I'll be keeping a close eye on him to make sure he's fine and I definitely won't be going to that vet again!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
So frustrating… [MENTION=7457]Blueberrys Mom[/MENTION] just started a thread relating to this as well...

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.