Castor home after surgery

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
Very happy Castor is home and all went well! Speedy recovery little man then you can your long walks with your family ;).

OP
cefe13

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Castor has made great progress over the last 36 hours. The second night after he got home was terrible, though; he threw up once an hour the whole night, poor thing, and obviously couldn't keep the medicines down. The vet's instructions had been to keep him on this allergy kibble they want him to try, but after having talked to the hospital again we switched to bland diet (which [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] recommended before - I should have listened to you!).

Now things are much better. Today, we could even take him out to the forest to let him sniff around for a little while. It was as if he was (re)discovering all scents. Seeing him there was pure joy; no panting at all but a lot of sniffing! It was truly amazing to see how he wasn't panting at all in the car or after he got home. We have been so used to Castor's being loud that we now find ourselves having to actually look for him as we cannot hear where he is. Right now he's sleeping by my feet and he's totally quiet.

Here are two pictures from today. Looking at Castor's position in the first one, we suspect he might have transformed into a pointer dog!
castor-autumn.jpgcastor-leaves.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Castor has made great progress over the last 36 hours. The second night after he got home was terrible, though; he threw up once an hour the whole night, poor thing, and obviously couldn't keep the medicines down. The vet's instructions had been to keep him on this allergy kibble they want him to try, but after having talked to the hospital again we switched to bland diet (which @2BullyMama recommended before - I should have listened to you!).

Now things are much better. Today, we could even take him out to the forest to let him sniff around for a little while. It was as if he was (re)discovering all scents. Seeing him there was pure joy; no panting at all but a lot of sniffing! It was truly amazing to see how he wasn't panting at all in the car or after he got home. We have been so used to Castor's being loud that we now find ourselves having to actually look for him as we cannot hear where he is. Right now he's sleeping by my feet and he's totally quiet.

Here are two pictures from today. Looking at Castor's position in the first one, we suspect he might have transformed into a pointer dog!
View attachment 80859View attachment 80860

he looks very happy to be out and about.... glad he is doing well (hugs)

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Aww, everything must smell so much better now (or worse :evil:)lol..

It's wonderful to see how well he's doing less than two day after the procedures. They sure bounce back quick!

DOGEN

Nov 23, 2014
Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Dogen (Doh-jin)
Castor has made great progress over the last 36 hours. The second night after he got home was terrible, though; he threw up once an hour the whole night, poor thing, and obviously couldn't keep the medicines down. The vet's instructions had been to keep him on this allergy kibble they want him to try, but after having talked to the hospital again we switched to bland diet (which @2BullyMama recommended before - I should have listened to you!).

View attachment 80859View attachment 80860
simply awesome.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.