Castor home after surgery

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Castor is back home after his nares and soft palate surgery yesterday. He stayed overnight at the hospital, which was good. Since we got home a few hours ago, he has eaten and been out, but is very tired, of course.

The vet prescribed medicines for acid reflux for one week, but no pain killers, so I hope he won't be in pain when the stuff he got at the hospital wears off.

Here's Castor after we returned home, with his little bandage. They shaved part of his neck under his chin too.

castor op.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So happy all went well and he is home safe and sound.... hugs to you all and hoping for a speedy recovery

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
awe, little sleeping baby. Happy to hear it all went well. :up:

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
So glad to hear it went well.
Blue didn't have pain meds either. But he also had acid reflux pills, and another to keep him calm. I guess it's not too painful for them which is a good thing.

Poor baby looks tired. He's gonna sleep a lot I bet.

(Wellie and Blues procedures were put off until 12/8)

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I'm happy to know the surgery went well! I have no personal experience w/the procedures that Castor had but I'm guessing the vet believes he will not be experiencing pain from it. You can always contact the vet if he does show discomfort. Give him a big hug from us!

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Very happy all went well, wishing you all a speedy recovery!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm so glad to hear that Castor's surgery went well… hopefully he will feel better real soon!!!

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I'm happy all went well with Castors surgery. I hope recovery is quick. Give him a hug and kiss from me and my boys.

Christie H

May 29, 2014
Centerton, Arkansas, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wheezie Kay Wigglebottom and Zakk Abbott Wylde
Oh so glad to see his surgery went well..Wheezie is off to get her nares done Friday so please say a lot of prayers for my baby :)
My vet said she does the outsides instead of the inners for healing purposes.Which did he have done?

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Feel better soon, Castor! So happy that all went well.

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
Prayers and a Speedy Recovery are coming your way Sweetie Castor. Love and Hugs To You Honey.

- - - Updated - - -

Prayers and a Speedy Recovery are coming your way Sweetie Castor. Love and Hugs To You Honey.

OP
cefe13

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Castor and family thank you for your thoughts, hugs, etc!

He breaths through his nose to a larger extent than before, which is great, but he is actually still quite loud, but of course that might be because of the surgery. We will see how things progress during the next week or so. He threw up some white foam with a little blood this morning, but now he's taken his pills so hopefully that will settle what seems to be a reflux problem. He's on this allergy kibble so we're not supposed to give him anything else but he refused to take the pills so I had to hide them in tiny bits of meatballs.
[MENTION=7457]Blueberrys Mom[/MENTION] Sorry to hear your boys' procedures have been put off. Thanks for your feedback on acid reflux pills.
[MENTION=11987]Christie H[/MENTION] Good luck on Friday! I didn't know there were different options for the nares... but I think they did the outer ones on Castor as there are those tiny sutures on the outside of his nares.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Great to hear all went well! I'm sure he will be less loud after all the swelling is gone. Keep us posted.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online