JennieS

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
Last week I brought both Blue and Wellie to my vet because I kept smelling something fishy. Thought it was anal glands just didn't know which one, or if both.

Anyway, turns out it was neither. Blue had a prepuce (nice word for foreskin) infection. My vet used some kind of solution and flushed his boy bits, then gave me two weeks worth of antibiotics.
I should of caught it because I did notice that Blue had more discharge than usual, but I didn't have any experience with it so let it go.

Check to see if he has any extra discharge. That could be what you're smelling.

Its NOT his man part. There is no discharge, no smell. it's definitely his bum. I gave him a thorough smell down this morning and I think he thinks we are lovers now LOL.

OP
JennieS

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I'm taking him to the vet at 9:30 to get his glands done, i hope that is it. I'll let you all know when i get back!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I'm taking him to the vet at 9:30 to get his glands done, i hope that is it. I'll let you all know when i get back!

I was curious since I never experienced this... went out to Google... it is anal glands according to a number of other sites. Metallic or fishy odor

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Its NOT his man part. There is no discharge, no smell. it's definitely his bum. I gave him a thorough smell down this morning and I think he thinks we are lovers now LOL.
:rofl:

I was curious since I never experienced this... went out to Google... it is anal glands according to a number of other sites. Metallic or fishy odor

I felt so bad.. I had both of mine probed in the rear for no reason... :lol:

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OP
JennieS

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=7457]Blueberrys Mom[/MENTION] @2BullyMama @dolphin @ddnene @Davidh @KMARINO @brutus77

THANK YOU everyone!:thanks: It was his anal glands.
The vet took him back and started and my sweet brutus :( he whined, cried, yelled, when they were doing it, it was heart-breaking. i almost started crying myself. he came out and BOLTED down the hallway towards me and Ruthie. Poor guy.

The vet said since the way he is built back there he is having a hard time doing it himself, so if we start to smell him, just bring him in! he smells so nice now with his freshly deodorized bum!

My vet paid me the ultimate compliment though, he said "you take extremely well care of your babies, a lot of people don't realize how high maintenance they are, you are doing a good job". That made me happy! He even did a once over on Ruthie to make sure she is doing ok, and she is. She was so scared but i kept telling her "today is for your brother". I wasn't leaving the house without both of them.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
@Blueberrys Mom @2BullyMama @dolphin @ddnene @Davidh @KMARINO @brutus77

The vet took him back and started and my sweet brutus :( he whined, cried, yelled, when they were doing it, it was heart-breaking. i almost started crying myself. he came out and BOLTED down the hallway towards me and Ruthie. Poor guy.

The vet said since the way he is built back there he is having a hard time doing it himself, so if we start to smell him, just bring him in! he smells so nice now with his freshly deodorized bum!

My vet paid me the ultimate compliment though, he said "you take extremely well care of your babies, a lot of people don't realize how high maintenance they are, you are doing a good job". That made me happy! He even did a once over on Ruthie to make sure she is doing ok, and she is. She was so scared but i kept telling her "today is for your brother". I wasn't leaving the house without both of them.

AWESOME work Momma!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Glad you found out what it was! I swear I was laughing my butt off reading this thread, y'all are too much!

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
:DThis was a very entertaining, thread [MENTION=9205]JennieS[/MENTION] ! and educational too...now i know "metallic" smell may mean anal glands. I'm glad little Brutus got taken care of today...he must feel like a "new man"! :guycelebrate:

OP
JennieS

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
:DThis was a very entertaining, thread @JennieS ! and educational too...now i know "metallic" smell may mean anal glands. I'm glad little Brutus got taken care of today...he must feel like a "new man"! :guycelebrate:

HAHAHA A "Violated" new man!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm glad that Brutus is smelling better… I'm still laughing at this thread… LMAO!!! I had no idea that bloody-metallic smell is annals, but hey you learn something new everyday!!!

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=7457]Blueberrys Mom[/MENTION] @2BullyMama @dolphin @ddnene @Davidh @KMARINO @brutus77

YAY!!! I had a feeling it was anal glands!!!! So glad all is well, and we already knew what a good momma you were!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.