JennieS

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
When Bust gets to smelling like that he gets a good bath with Pharmaceb shampoo and there's this spray that Bio-groom sells that's like a cologne but isn't strong at all and smells fantastic and it lasts about a month before the stinky's come back. I think it's just rust from his man parts and left over fanny smell myself. I spose we dudes smell like that too if we don't bathe for a month.

Buster smells metallicy??? I'm trying to nix out everything, anal glands, man parts..etc. I haven't smelled his man parts cause his butt is enough lol

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
It's the dog smell metallic, like blood smells. My wife learned how to express glands and does them every other month. His vet charges $37 each time to do them and we got sick of paying for it. It's like popping a blister or a pimple, [MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION] did an article on how to do it but I got the techs at the vet to show her how, sorta like an anal gland seminar lol. They were happy to do it.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I called a groomer, I'm going to see if they can do them. It's about 15, instead of going to the vet. I don't think I wanna approach doing them myself.

Make SURE the groomer does INTERNAL, no groomer's here do internal, just external. Vegas needs INTERNAL expression. That is why the Vet Tech does them

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
For the past few weeks Brutus has this iron/blood/metallic smell to him. There is no blood though. I've cleaned his tail pocket several times, wiped him after going to the bathroom. I look at his "personals" to make sure all is ok. He just stinks. Has anyone had this before? Any ideas?
Unless it's a stink bug (fishy) smell I doubt it's the anal glands. I know when Emma has gets an acne pimple and I pop it it has that exact smell you mention (metally). Have you looked between his toes? I have no idea but that he has a acne somewhere.

For all those that want to read about Anal glands, here you go. :2thumbs: Anal Gland Care - Everything you need to know!

Nothing between his toes :(
i'm going to read your article now! thank you!

OP
JennieS

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Make SURE the groomer does INTERNAL, no groomer's here do internal, just external. Vegas needs INTERNAL expression. That is why the Vet Tech does them
maybe i will just take him to the vet then. I don't want anyone messing him up.

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Unless it's a stink bug (fishy) smell I doubt it's the anal glands. I know when Emma has gets an acne pimple and I pop it it has that exact smell you mention (metally). Have you looked between his toes? I have no idea but that he has a acne somewhere.

For all those that want to read about Anal glands, here you go. :2thumbs: Anal Gland Care - Everything you need to know!

Jeannie, Vegas has never smelled "fishy" it does have a distinct odor but not fishy. Not poop either. Just a funky smell!

OP
JennieS

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
It's the dog smell metallic, like blood smells. My wife learned how to express glands and does them every other month. His vet charges $37 each time to do them and we got sick of paying for it. It's like popping a blister or a pimple, @JeannieCO did an article on how to do it but I got the techs at the vet to show her how, sorta like an anal gland seminar lol. They were happy to do it.

That's what i was thinking of doing, taking him and having them show me how to do it. I am pretty cool with my vet and his assistant is in my bible study so they may be nice enough to just show me.

OP
JennieS

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jeannie, Vegas has never smelled "fishy" it does have a distinct odor but not fishy. Not poop either. Just a funky smell!
Yeah, brutus does not smell "poopy" either.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Really. :hmm: How about a metallic smell then? Now it's Jack that I have to do all the time (well every 4 weeks or so) but he smells like a stink bug. I wonder if to others that a stink bug smell could be the metal/iron smell too?

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Really. :hmm: How about a metallic smell then? Now it's Jack that I have to do all the time (well every 4 weeks or so) but he smells like a stink bug. I wonder if to others that a stink bug smell could be the metal/iron smell too?

Nope, not metallic either, I can't even describe the smell, and want to hear something REALLY gross.......Vegas rubs his butt all over my area rug, then will LICK it!! I want to :spank: him!!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Nope, not metallic either, I can't even describe the smell, and want to hear something REALLY gross.......Vegas rubs his butt all over my area rug, then will LICK it!! I want to :spank: him!!

KELLY OMG… I almost swallowed my gum… LMAO!!! :rofl:

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
:ROFL: puts a new meaning in you can't make this **** up. LOL!!

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Last week I brought both Blue and Wellie to my vet because I kept smelling something fishy. Thought it was anal glands just didn't know which one, or if both.

Anyway, turns out it was neither. Blue had a prepuce (nice word for foreskin) infection. My vet used some kind of solution and flushed his boy bits, then gave me two weeks worth of antibiotics.
I should of caught it because I did notice that Blue had more discharge than usual, but I didn't have any experience with it so let it go.

Check to see if he has any extra discharge. That could be what you're smelling.

OP
JennieS

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Last week I brought both Blue and Wellie to my vet because I kept smelling something fishy. Thought it was anal glands just didn't know which one, or if both.

Anyway, turns out it was neither. Blue had a prepuce (nice word for foreskin) infection. My vet used some kind of solution and flushed his boy bits, then gave me two weeks worth of antibiotics.
I should of caught it because I did notice that Blue had more discharge than usual, but I didn't have any experience with it so let it go.

Check to see if he has any extra discharge. That could be what you're smelling.

Oh goodness, I will check. I'm so unfamiliar with boy issues, I just don't know how they walk around with those things.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
JennieS

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names

Lmao..Vegas is such a dirty boy. Hahahaha

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.